Anyone been on the ketogenic diet long term?

Soldato
On keto for 8 years, but i see loads of people say it's not good long term. i must be an outlier.

After the fat adaption, i never bonk( hypoglycemia ) when cycling/running like i used to when my metabolism was glucose based

Soldato
OP
A balanced diet ( Western Diet ) is what's giving people Western diseases, T2 diabetes , obesity, etc. ' balanced' is vague, 'cause what's right for you isn't necessarily right for me.

Tell me what's normal, what's healthy and balanced?

Soldato
OP
I remember eating an apple pie after a night out made my a mates girl, had to eat it to not offend, but next day broke out in scabs/pimples due to the sugar/insluin response. It's amazing how toxic sugar is when you are weened off of it.

Soldato
OP
potentially unknown effects on the gut microbiome etc... do you use artificial sweeteners etc..?

I don't see the advantage tbh...not at the moment at least, beyond maybe doing it for a short period of time for something specific like weight loss - even then you could just go into calorie deficit in a regular, otherwise balanced diet anyway.

I'm not saying it is definitely a bad thing I'm just not sure why people do it rather than just eating healthily in the first place? It just seems like a bit of a fad that is all.

Agree with the gut flora, that's crucial to mental health . but as i said, the Western diet promotes the majority of your calories be carbohydrates . and carbs break down into glucose , and too much high blood sugar is inflammatory and leads to diseases like we get in the West. Glucose isn't an essential nutrient , we make it ourselves from protein. We don't need to eat it.

Back
Top Bottom