Anyone been to any of the Arcade Club's?

Associate
OP
Looks awesome!

I have watched a few videos of the Blackpool Arcade Club and it looks pretty epic too. Maybe not quite as many games as Bury but Blackpool is easier for me to get to plus there is plenty other stuff for my Wife and Daughter to do when they inevitably get bored at the arcade!

Associate
OP
Went to the Bury one. Absolutely incredible place and loved it. Like 100 times better than any arcade that was about back in the day

That's what I was thinking too. Something like arcade club back in the 90's where there are hundreds of games all on free play for a one off entry fee would have been my personal paradise!

I have my own mame cabinet but it doesn't really compare.

Associate
OP
I may try head to the Blackpool one next week if I get chance. Taking the kids to Blackpool on Thursday, staying over for the night, going to Sea Life and the Zoo while there.

Might try find a way sneak in a visit if I can.

Nice. Would be very interested what you think of it as Blackpool is the one I plan on visiting.

Associate
OP
I'll be honest, I have no idea! :D
Not something I'd actively look for, but reading the thread made me think "hey cool idea"

Down at Clarence Pier, Southsea. Not really a patch on Arcade Club right enough.

Came to the realisation that my mame cab has more games than all these arcades put together lol. Guess I'm just looking for reasons not to go.

I have a mame cabinet too and although I love it, it just isn't the same as playing on original hardware with a CRT and the correct controls.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
I had a quick go on my cab today, first level of blazing star completed on max difficulty without taking a hit, then 1 fight in street fighter 2, and thats it turned it off.
Only when the kids come round does it get hammered non stop.

My Mame machine is basically used 100% for NBA Jam. I love playing it with my Daughter. I have it set up so that the Raspberry Pi is running 24/7. If we want to play, we just walk up to it, switch the monitor on and away we go. I don't think we have ever actually beaten the CPU but it is always fun.

When I go to Arcade Club I will be making a list of all the games I enjoyed and getting them on my Mame machine.

Back
Top Bottom