Anyone bought a Cat C bike lately?

Soldato
I'm after a CBR600 FS and i've seen one at a great price. But I'm a bit worried as its a CAT C.

My brother has bought a few CAT C bikes in the past but I wondered if anything has changed regarding insurance.

Thanks

Soldato
Yeah fine with me, I can tell you your insurance comapay has no problems with Cat C write Offs. But I'm not your insurance company and nor is anyone in here !!!! FFS just contact your insurers

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Sorry PieEater but you are way out of line.

I'm asking for advice from people who have bought a CAT C bike recently and if there are any things to be aware of.

Why don't you go in the RMX thread and ask the guy why he hasn't phoned Suzuki?

What a stupid ******* question.

Soldato
Chap your contract is with your insurers. If someone else has cover for a CAT C bike it doesn't mean you will have the same cover. You need to check with your insurers to see what cover you have.

Soldato
I bought a cat C bike last year. My insurers didn't ask and I didn't volunteer the info.
I adjusted the bike value accordingly as no doubt they would if I ever claimed.

Soldato
OP
Thanks

The garage didn't mention it but maybe they thought I would know because of the cheap price.
Did you have to get an inspection done on it? My brother never had to but I think the law might have changed.

I'm going to have a look at it tomorrow.

Soldato
I bought a cat C bike last year. My insurers didn't ask and I didn't volunteer the info.
I adjusted the bike value accordingly as no doubt they would if I ever claimed.
That's a dodgy game to play, if you don't disclose facts that are relevent to your insurance cover you may find that when you need to claim they'll state your insurance is invalid because you've withheld facts and you have no cover leaving you to pay for your own and 3rd party expenses, that could leave you in debt for life. I for one would have though that you would be advocating being straight with insurers !?!

Soldato
I'm pretty sure the insurance company will know the category when you give them the reg.

I'm even more sure they will try to find any way not to pay out on a claim if they can help it, non disclosure is giving it to them on a plate.

/Edit - I guess I should come straight as to why this bothers me, I was hit by an uninsured driver, they picked my bike up from underneath their car then drove off leaving me in shock with a fractured elbow and a lot of cuts & brusies. Uninsured losses amounted to about £1k, I've managed to replace my lid, boots & gloves but my jacket is still on the list and I lost 3 years NCB (it's your fault for getting hit by a hit & run). If the diver had been properly insured he wouldn't have left me bleeding at the roadside....Even as a bike rider you can do a lot of damage, so I for one would appreciate it if you got the appropriate insurance for your bike.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom