Anyone bought prescription glasses/sunglasses online?

Caporegime
Usually I get prescription designer sunglasses from Specsavers or Boots, but I could do with a new pair ASAP for holiday in a week and it's a bit tight for time getting them on the high street. I thought I might give some websites a go.

Are there any reasonable sites people can recommend that they've used?

I can't wear contact lenses and normal sunglasses, as my eyes are too dry :(

Last edited:
Used glasses direct before who were good but I've used https://www.smartbuyglasses.co.uk/ twice this year. It looks and sounds quite scammy because they are based in Hong Kong but I couldn't fault the service or product and literally 1/3 the price of UK

I actually just used them to order some new lenses for my old Oakley's, dropped them an email and even though the item wasn't stocked on the site they were able to fulfil and provide me personal shipment updates instead :)

Biggest issue is Pupil Distance measurement. It’s not part of your prescription and opticians won’t usually give it to you unless you pay.

Bit of a thread revival.

I didn't end up getting sunglasses as I didn't have my PD, but yesterday I went in to specsavers and spun some BS about needing my PD for VR lens inserts.

I felt bad because the director (owner?) ended up talking to us for about 10 minutes about various things (some useful info about yellow tinted lenses helping with night driving and taking the edge off oncoming cars LED headlights)

But last night I ordered some Armani glasses from smartbuyglasses and with the super thin and light, and digital block coating they were half the price that Vision Express wanted for the same specs.

Bit of a thread revival.

I didn't end up getting sunglasses as I didn't have my PD, but yesterday I went in to specsavers and spun some BS about needing my PD for VR lens inserts.

I felt bad because the director (owner?) ended up talking to us for about 10 minutes about various things (some useful info about yellow tinted lenses helping with night driving and taking the edge off oncoming cars LED headlights)

But last night I ordered some Armani glasses from smartbuyglasses and with the super thin and light, and digital block coating they were half the price that Vision Express wanted for the same specs.
Well that didn't go quite to well.

The lenses look great, but the frames sit high enough that my eyebrows are mostly inside the lens now. So they look a bit ridiculous

I went back to the website and realised I had ordered the size 54 frames. The ones I tried on in the UK were size 58.

SmartBuyGlasses only do 54 and 56 though.

Back
Top Bottom