Anyone bought replacement number plates recently?

Soldato
My number plates are looking a bit scabby and I wondering if anyone here has replaced theirs recently and if so where did you get them and are you happy with the quality?

Thanks

I go to my local main dealer for the relevant brand, and get them there. Usually similar sort of cost (£20).

Ah, I see, so that makes legal then
No but as the MOT doesn't cover the supplier name/postcode/BS number, then it's probably unlikely to ever be picked up.

End of the world for sure... I mean you would have to be stood about 2 feet away from the number plate to see the tiny print on the bottom
I'm not sure what your problem is - but if you've got nothing useful to add to threads I'd suggest just not replying

Last edited:
End of the world for sure... I mean you would have to be stood about 2 feet away from the number plate to see the tiny print on the bottom

Having a bad day?

I use Proplates. Have the legal markings but clean and good quality.

I ran some with no marking for years and no one cared, got through MOTs.

I've seen a few people have the address of the factory printed on it. No one will question that and it avoids having "Halfords" etc there.

Last edited:
I bought the cheapest of the cheap on ebay and they were bang on perfect, no advertising on them or anything that i noticed or stood out as annoying.

It was £8.99 inc for the front one

Last edited:
It used to be that you couldn’t have 3D ones or anything different about them for an MOT. Now they’ve gone much more sensible and it’s just the font and spacing that matters.

Random question, if you have 'UK' on the number plates do you still need a big white UK sticker on the back for driving in Europe?

I think you do no matter what now, even if you do have the old EU markings. The EU got arsey about it after we did a runner. Watch out in France, their police line up to fine UK drivers for anything they can spot (including not having a CE marked high-vis jacket lol)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom