Anyone else got a Compro DVB 2/300

Associate
ok, so i got this DVB 300:

A because it was one of the most expencive ones
B because it was black and looked sexy (doesnt even have a window on his PC)

i've got it running on an Althlon XP system (get VERY old now) and i'm wondering if it's my system being to old and unstable or wether it's jsut bad software, because every time i use it, after about an hour (sometimes it doesnt do it) it will freeze and useualy crash the system leaving me to press the reset button, bit like a hang, you know when the computer freezes and keeps playing the last bit of sound over and over...

anyway, can you get improved software for it because the card is great, it does everything but even though i've just had a £100 digital arial fitted with a £20 singnal booster i still cant pick up BBC3 o_o' and there's a lot of freeview channels i just cant get.

also, is there a better alturnative DVB card with HDTV and an AVI socket on the back (for my x box) just incase i have the money for one on my next build (next build will be about 2 weeks after the launch of AMDs socket MQ2)

There is no such thing as an avi socket, avi is a file container not a connection. Please explain yourself :p I wouldnt reccomend you run your xbox through the pc because of lag issues.

<maddness> said:
..probably means scart socket :D

i think it was ment as AV socket rather than AVI

yeah sorry i've always called them AVI (Audio, Video In) as aposed to AVO :P SCART is AV in and out but the compro has a Video monoplug in and a sterio audio jack

sorry for the cofusion =/

but yeah, can you get updated software for it? possibly not made by compro?

i tend to find you get better signal strength etc with external rather than internal tuners. I did once have dvb-t200 which was a nice cheap card but i got annoyed with some issuses of it. I never used the bundled software, try something like media portal or showshifter

englishpremier said:
i tend to find you get better signal strength etc with external rather than internal tuners. I did once have dvb-t200 which was a nice cheap card but i got annoyed with some issuses of it. I never used the bundled software, try something like media portal or showshifter

oooh thankyou, i'll definatly give them a try :D

Expensive card? They're one of the cheapest arent they?
Use the latest drivers off the website mate, make sure to uninstall all previous drivers, look in control panel for videomate hybrid drivers also and uninstall them and install them off the site - that should fix the lack of channels + unstability.

And if they work for you, keep them saved on a disc or soemthing, because compro have released updates in the past that have been worse than previosu versions, and I hate to wait months before it got stable again.

Back
Top Bottom