Anyone else not find things funny?

Soldato
For example how often tea bagging comes up when away on a camping trip. I just dont find it funny.

:D

I prob wouldn't find that funny if I went camping, although the way you said that after saying how unfunny things are made me proper lol. Are we talking actual balls to face or just joking about it somehow??

Associate
Like said before everyone has a different sense of humour! I’m usually in stitches watching Michael McIntyre and frankie Boyle and even worse watching celeb juice then my wife just looks at me like I’m strange. Big Bang theory is good but wouldn’t say funny, OP you must find something that’s funny and that you laugh at but it’ll be differant from what everyone else thinks

Associate
I get the impression the OP wasn’t really after a debate as to what comedies people find funny, but more about his lack of a reaction to most of the things people find funny.

I am probably the same in all honesty. The vast majority of stuff people find funny, I barely raise an eyebrow. I always put it down to being a grumpy git. Weird thing is I seem to make other people laugh but I’m not actually trying to. I guess it’s just my outlook on life. Not depressed, quite happy in fact. Just hard to make laugh I guess. Weird thing is I always have a laugh when out with mates.

Associate
So basically you are saying I am an idiot as I find Lee Evans funny (although Mrs Browns Boys is a load of tosh)!

It has nothing to do with IQ and to be fair only someone with a low IQ would think it would ;)

Funniest thing on TV at the moment in my opinion is The Last Leg.

Last Leg, well hold your sides as I'm about to split them.

Trump is an a*******.

Am I hilarious or what?

Man of Honour
People who find Lee Evans or Mrs Browns Boys funny tend to be those at the lower end of the IQ scale.

Good grief I don't find either funny but that is a hell of a statement, you deserve a prize for that.

Anyway OP, I don't mean to offend but in the past I had 5 students with aspergers and I never heard them laugh.
Could you be on the spectrum?

Associate
I find panel show interactions more funny more than stand up now.

Sean Lock on panel shows (not his stand up though).
Miles Jupp with Sean Lock.
David Mitchell ranting.

Last edited:
Associate
My humor tends towards dark, rude and sarcastic. So the likes of Frankie Boyle, Jimmy Carr, Ricky Gervais etc

Can't say I find much on the telly/movies funny. They either try too hard (see marvel movies) or it's just stale because of the PC brigade. Earlier TV from the 70s and 80s was better. the likes of Only Fools, Porridge etc

Soldato
Throwing the Houses of Parliament broadcasts into the mix -
No longer funny/eloquent, just a sad childs playground, worse than web behaviour - (per Lou Reed) stick a fork in them, turn them over - they're done.

Associate
The Big Bang is about as funny as a car crash.

I don't find much funny, Milton Jones is about the only comedian I sometimes find funny, it's brief, silly jokes but he has a way of making them funny.

Alex Jones can also be funny at times.

I love Milton Jones. I remember one of the first times I saw him on tv, I was at home with my parents in Sweden and we were watching BBC International or Entertainment or what it was called. They showed an episode of Comedy Road Show or live at Hammersmith. Without a word Milton got my mum laughing her head off. He came onto the stage with his usual loud shirt and crazy hair, to the old disco song "Hot Stuff" :D

Back
Top Bottom