Anyone else not find things funny?

Soldato
The Simpsons season 3-10 is some of the best comedy ever put out on TV, and still stands up today.

It went downhill fairly rapidly after season 10. And from season 15 onwards there was barely a funny joke in it.

I long since stopped watching it, but I think it still has some gems. This was season 17:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64PKoAiWhjE

Surprisingly on the pulse.

Permabanned
Ironic, as Franky Boyle is as liberal lefty as they come.

I think he made a canny decision to not be alternative, his career would probably founder [ never work for the BBC again that's for sure ]
if he hadn't followed the Lefty-Liberal path, I had high hopes of him being a mainstream Jerry Sadowitz, but nah, he just went
for the safe option. Pity.

Soldato
Watched that hardly laughed

100% agree - scripted one liners, you could read his act on t'internet without having to pay to go to the show!

I've just been watching some vids of Jimmy Carr and Frankie Boyle - their acts, especially the parts involving the audience (ie taking the mick) are brilliant. Just watched this one:

Who takes their kids to a Frankie Boyle show?!

Man of Honour
Last good british comedy was when Father Ted finished, it died completely by 2000. Some panel shows were ok for longer Buzzcocks had me laughing like a drain until that stopped. But "Have i got news for you" turned to crap and "Mock the Week" turned into the "bashing anything that isn't lefty-liberal" show the moment Franky Bloye left.
Franky Boyle is pretty darn liberal?

And does everything have to be ‘left / right wing’ on here - it's soooo tiring. You can’t even get away from it in a thread about comedy! :(

Caporegime
Last good british comedy was when Father Ted finished, it died completely by 2000. Some panel shows were ok for longer Buzzcocks had me laughing like a drain until that stopped. But "Have i got news for you" turned to crap and "Mock the Week" turned into the "bashing anything that isn't lefty-liberal" show the moment Franky Bloye left.

I personally like Inbetweeners but I guess that's because I related so much to it. Apart from that British comedy has been pretty gash since the 90's. American stuff is not to my liking either. Parks and Recreation is about the only modern one I have watched. Ron Swanson is just a complete bad ass.

Soldato

And does everything have to be ‘left / right wing’ on here - it's soooo tiring. You can’t even get away from it in a thread about comedy! :(

Mock the week was largely a show about what was going on in the news, and a huge part of it (more than two thirds) was about politics or social politics. Franky Boyle was risky as hell and he hardly touched on the trendy tory bashing when he was on. But when he left it went full retard with the Tory bashing led by that "right-on" **** Andrew Parsons.

Soldato
I personally like Inbetweeners but I guess that's because I related so much to it. Apart from that British comedy has been pretty gash since the 90's. American stuff is not to my liking either. Parks and Recreation is about the only modern one I have watched. Ron Swanson is just a complete bad ass.

Totally forgot about the Inbetweeners... "Friends":D but was only great for the first 2 seasons

Yeah and Parks and Recreation was fantastic from season 2 onwards

Associate

Not just here, but everywhere. Facebook is especially bad (Tw*tter is probably even worse but I quit that years ago), my feed these days seems to be largely a political cesspit. Everyone has to be pigeon holed into categories these days, ya know. Very boring, and I refuse to have any part of it.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Anything but McIntyre and that fat bloke from peep show. Would sooner sit on pins and read the bible.

Now Detectorists was funny and just as good as Father Ted & Black Books and the mightiest of them all Shooting starts (although Buzzcocks was also good, just not as good) :)

Caporegime
I enjoy stuff and can laugh but I really don't understand people who absolutely howl with laughter, or clap their hands while laughing. Especially in the office.

Back
Top Bottom