Anyone else still riding?

Soldato
I don't have winter gear, only summer kangaroo leather gloves, 1 peice leathers (seen MUCH better days) and my normal sidi boots...

However, I ride in all weather types, I used to commute on my 748 20 miles each way each day on country lanes all year. Winter was NOT fun.

My new job allows me to walk into work within 20 mins now so thats a win win!

Anyway, I only ride when it's wet/raining if need be now.

But sadly I don't have a car or a car licence :(

Associate
I'm on the trains (and have been for a while), the motorbike is parked up.

I used to ride in all weathers, and didn't really mind it.

The only reason I don't at the moment is because I don't trust it not to get stolen parked on the road at my girlfriends flat.

Associate
The only reason I don't at the moment is because I don't trust it not to get stolen parked on the road at my girlfriends flat.
Sad state of affairs when a man can't even ride his own damn bike for fear of having it nicked.
Someone should invent high voltage bike protection instead of alarm, something like a taser but modified for a bike. So when you're leaving the bike, you put a sign on it "Warning - High Voltage" and turn on the system. Then whoever dares touching it ends up 2m away wondering "What the hell happened there?!". :cool:

Associate
Scraping the ice off my seat ready for the ride home from work :D

Only passed my test on Tuesday, weather doesn't really bother me too much I just take it a bit easier, although riding in the minuses is going to make summer all the better once it gets here!

Last edited:
Soldato
Just handed the keys to my car to my mum as she's recovering from a heart bypass and definately needs the use of a car more than I do, so she has my 325i and I today I was back on the Blackbird, nice to see its going to be lows of -6 over the weekend - great timing eh!! I've done the last 4 winters on bikes so hopefully I won't be too wobbly!!

Associate
I've been leaving the house about half 8 so generally it seems not Icey after sun up. Now I'll be leaving around 6. Am rather nervous if we get a cold damp night. Won't we just slide right off?

Soldato
OP
I've been leaving the house about half 8 so generally it seems not Icey after sun up. Now I'll be leaving around 6. Am rather nervous if we get a cold damp night. Won't we just slide right off?

Possibility is there.

Just take it easy around roundabouts and corners and you should be fine.

Even thought grit salt is a pain for rust, it does it's job and makes the roads fairly safe. Depends on what roads you're going on, of course.

Back
Top Bottom