Anyone flown with Ryan air and diabetic?

Soldato
Hey guys

Im flying to Belgium tomorrow with the gf and i am aware of the cabin luggage restrictions and the women having to put their handbags in the cabin luggage too. Question is the GF is diabetic and will be bringing a cool bag for her insulin etc. Obviously its too big to put in the cabin luggage. Will ryanair let this slide and in theory let her on with 2 bags of hand luggage? with it being medical etc?

Tried ringing customer services but they are by far the most terrible CS iv experienced lol.

Soldato
OP
Why can't you pack it in cargo hold?
Take insulin as normal, eat as normal, people have more issues going hypo than hyper- hyper takes longer to give keto effects, and if she's taken her insulin as normal it should not be an issue.

The insulin would freeze in the cargo hold mate. Weve flown long haul loads and usually just put it in the stewards fridge. But because its only a 1.5hr flight were just going to put it in a cool bag. But ive read online stories they wont accept this.

I would call them. And take the full name of who ever you speak to.

They keep trying to put me through the special assistance. Although its not open weekends, just my luck.

Soldato
OP
Surely a small cool bag would do - she won't be taking that much insulin will she? Current insulin can be kept in her handbag as it will only need to be at room temperature and is fine for 4 weeks like that.

Yeah it is small mate. probably the size of half a load of bread lol. But its wont fit in the little 10kg cases we are taking (too boxy).

Will have to speak to them direct tomorrow morning.

Soldato
OP
Then cut down on everything else you were going to take in that hand luggage and just take the one bag. Alternatively get her to put her handbag in her hand luggage and take the coolbag in place of the handbag - if you have a medical certificate they aren't going to argue because if anything went wrong there would be liable.

Speak to someone you'll get it sorted to your satisfaction I am sure.

This is the thing mate. Shes not allowed an handbag lol. It has to go inside the cabin luggage which is shocking really. So thats going in the bag already. We have the doctors letter etc so hopefully shouldnt be a problem.

Soldato
OP
Its more so she knows she has it with her incase she loses her bag.

Rang them and listed everything what will be in the cool bag and she said its fine aslong as its not over 3kg which is about 1kg and sending a certificate to let her have 2 cabin bags.

Happy days, thanks for the replies dude.

Back
Top Bottom