anyone got a code first Entity Framework with Vidahost

Associate
Just wondered if anyone here is using Vidahost Cloud and running an MVC 4 Entity framework with a code first database?

Everything is working lovely on a local machine. However having got them to create me a mssql username and password and changing my connection string in the web config i cant connect.

The web app runs as I can get to the first page, but when I click on the link that initially builds the database ( if blank) and connects to it i get a
A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server.
Im taking this is either something to do with my connection string or the database not been set up correctly?

Associate
OP
No running it locally on my machine with visual studios and mssql express it works.

I have published the project and ftp it to the server the site will load the home page and the default about page. but when I click on a link that logs on to the db this is where the error comes. the db should be created by the code on vidahost when this link is first clicked.

Back
Top Bottom