Anyone got a DS LITE yet?

Associate
I've got a standard DS. I made the mistake before of having a gameboy advance (original) and then buying the flipper with the screen brightness and better general feel.

I will not be buying a DS lite tbh - little things irk me - new PSU etc why????? (well yeah I know more cash).

DS is a good console no doubts - /me is waiting for Tetris!!!

Soldato
also im not unsure of goldeneye rogue agent isnt unplayable with out the thumbstrap. I played it yesterday and I couldnt figure out a way to hold the ds and the stylus and still be able to fire.

Commissario
Because usually the first time round is getting the first viable version of the hardware out.

Basically it seems they release the first version when it becomes viable, then when they can make a major improvement without increasing the cost they do it :)

You just have to look at PC hardware to see how it decreases in cost whilst increasing in performance/features/quality.
My guess is Nintendo had something like this in mind when they released the DS, but the costs involved were too great at the time, and they had to wait until they could streamline the production (although they might not have expected to be able to do it quite so soon).

Soldato
Reckon you'd burn your retinas out if you had it on the top setting much! Even the lowest settings better than the old DS. Also the battery life on the top setting is meant to be equal to the current DS so if you had it on the lower ones you would get a good bit longer play time as well as a better screen :)

only 3 days till the Navy & Ice ones released in Japan to hopefully ease the shortage somewhat so NCSX can get my flippin Navy one shipped! Not holding my breath of it coming before Metroid and Tetris do though (March 20th)

Back
Top Bottom