anyone got a Lexus RX 400h ?

Soldato
Sold my 2020 Highlander as they offered me more than i paid for it, bought a Mazda CX-5 but im not happy with it. Looking at the Lexus RX 400h since they are pretty cheap here and get good gas mileage. I was looking at the GX470 but with gas prices hitting $3.00 a gallon that's a no go.

Anyone got one?

Soldato
OP
sorry for the late reply i've been working this last weekend. Don't like the CX-5 because its really bad on long drives, took it upto Pennsylvania which was a 13hr drive and it was torture. Seats were really uncomfortable, rear seats cant recline at all, plus it has no go in it, my wifes Ford Cmax is way better. Probably looking to spend around $16k as I'm buying a house next year, hence the reason i sold my 2020 highlander. We do a lot of long distance drives per year, week before i traded my Highlander the wife put 4000 miles on it going to see her parents in New Hampshire. Over the long run i feel with the mileage we do a hybrid would be worth it.

Soldato
OP
I test drove a 2018 450h, as mentioned above, i'd assume this is what you're looking at if you've sold a 2020 Highlander. It was lovely to drive, the V6 was powerful enough in a car that size and then the electric batteries felt nice and refined around town. The car we test drove was a Takumi spec which had the cooled seat which felt really nice and absolutely loads of spec/space in the front.

The let down for me was the infotainment. Being a 2018 it was pre-facelift and the facelifted model was out of our budget. It was very dated and the screen was small and low res. Instead we dropped down to the NX and the infotainment etc is much better, the screen/mapping is much better and it's got Apple Carplay etc.

Like you i was looking at a new CX-5 but just didn't gel with it, the engine/gearbox felt lacking and there seemed to be too much lag between putting your foot down and anything happening. Surprisingly the Lexus CVT box is much more responsive.

my Cx-5 is a 2013 GT, im looking at a car i can pay off in 3 months vs 1 year.

Back
Top Bottom