Anyone had experience running a Facebook ad?

Associate
Hi,

Planning on try this out soon as I have a bit of spare money I can throw at it.

I will be advertising T-shirts, I have googled and there is load of info, but was just wondering whether anyone here has tried it out and how did it go? any tips or advice.

thanks

tim

Test and learn.

Run lots of different variations of your ad. Different images different text, slight tweaks are good. Experiment. Once you start seeing results come in you'll be able to quickly see what ads perform better than others. It is worth considering not just which get the most clicks but which convert best too. Whilst one ad might only get 10 clicks from 100 views if they all convert its better than 100 clicks from 100 views with only one conversion.

Once you know what ads work best increase your spend on those and turn the others off. Keep testing and keep learning.

Test and learn.

Run lots of different variations of your ad. Different images different text, slight tweaks are good. Experiment. Once you start seeing results come in you'll be able to quickly see what ads perform better than others. It is worth considering not just which get the most clicks but which convert best too. Whilst one ad might only get 10 clicks from 100 views if they all convert its better than 100 clicks from 100 views with only one conversion.

Once you know what ads work best increase your spend on those and turn the others off. Keep testing and keep learning.

Thanks for the reply, been reading up on it and it does seem to be exactly that. Need to invest time into researching my target audience, pick a few and see which respond.

Tim

Test and learn.

Do you find its worthwhile? Never done fb ads (or YT/Twitter) and just wondering if you/anyone here has found it a sucess and 'worth' the ad money?

We run them at work for clients. In terms of the worth you have to decide that for yourself - how much does a new customer earn you and how much are you willing to pay for one. Once you know those figures you can set baselines against the value of running the campaign.

On a different line, and with only the brief info you gave, t-shirts will be extremely difficult to market so you'll have your work cut out. Saturated market, difficult to narrow down unless you have a very niche product and hard to make interesting/stand out.

We use it a fair bit but as we're in the wedding industry it's incredibly easy to narrow our target audience down to real potential clients based on engaged being a relationship status. Haven't considered it for our other businesses.

Can you give us any more info on the product?

On a different line, and with only the brief info you gave, t-shirts will be extremely difficult to market so you'll have your work cut out. Saturated market, difficult to narrow down unless you have a very niche product and hard to make interesting/stand out.

We use it a fair bit but as we're in the wedding industry it's incredibly easy to narrow our target audience down to real potential clients based on engaged being a relationship status. Haven't considered it for our other businesses.

Can you give us any more info on the product?

Yes you are correct, I will be trying to sell t-shirt designs, well my wife's art that I turn into T-shirt designs.

I understand that the market is saturated but, if we only sell 1 to someone who wants the design it will make us happy, sounds daft I know but the money I am using is just a bit of extra cash.

plus it will be good experience to give it a try, like you said finding am audience who will buy is going to be exciting, with so many people on facebook surely someone will be interested.

Tim

Back
Top Bottom