Anyone have allergies to cats?

Soldato
My lad may have an allergy to cats, nothing has been diagnosed, but the crazy ex is kicking up a stink and I guess until its ruled out its possible.

What do you guys recommend or use to control pet allergies?

Associate
My ex has an allergy to cats. I send my lad back covered in cat hair. Hasnt killed her yet though.

More seriously, an antihistamene is normally all thats needed.

Soldato
I have a terrible allergy to cats and dogs and we also have two cats. Took piriton for a month at the start and eventually just desensitised to them. No longer an issue and we've had them 9 years, my hay fever is considerably less as well because of it.

Soldato
My lad may have an allergy to cats... What do you guys recommend or use to control pet allergies?

Get your lad properly tested. As for control, it's the cat's dander that is the issue. As long as I don't pick the cat up and wash my hands afterwards I'm fine. Having a cat in the house is a no-no, though.

Soldato
OP
To be honest I really don't believe that my lad is allergic to cats, he's spent every Sunday here for roughly 7hrs and not once had any reaction. The kids spend their first overnight with us in over 15 months and the psycho has a full blown melt down over him now being allergic. I've even offered to take him to the doctors to be tested but no that's not good enough for her.

I'll pick up some Anti Histamines for him, ban the cats from the upstairs etc and see how we get on.

Soldato
I used to be allergic to cats, made me sneeze and any scratches how ever minor looked particularly nasty. I did go to an allergy clinic which confirmed the allergy but i am not sure that I was treated for it in any way. I have no idea what happened but I am no longer allergic.
I suppose it depends on how severe the allergy is on how it is treated.

Commissario
Yes, dreadfully allergic to cats. Just being near them causes me to sneeze, eyes water and prolonged exposure has me coughing up blood! I’ve not been near a cat for ten years for this very reason. Antihistamines don’t even touch it.

Soldato
I used to be allergic to cats. I still get itchy if mine scratches me or I rub my eyes after touching him, but nowhere near as bad as I used to be. The missus had a cat when I moved in and with the help of 3-4 bottles of Beconase and a sack full of antihistamines for the first month, I gradually got less and less allergic.

Back
Top Bottom