anyone have interference or drop out?

Soldato
hey guys,

this is annoying me a little bit now. I have some Jabra Elite 45h bluetooth headphones, and they are decent, very comfortable and not bad sound (im no audiophile).

before I got rid of the 12" retina, it would (through Spotify) drop the signal for about half a second or so..and now its still doing this on my MBP? it has to be the headset surely? or could it be Spotify?

im thinking of getting some AirPods again, I don't know?

anyone else have this problem with Spotify, or even this headset?

cheers.

Commissario
The headset is the most likely but it’s a process of elimination.

I assume that’s when streaming music? If you stream music and play it through the internal speakers, does it still drop out?

I’m guessing it probably doesn’t. So, if you have music files locally and play them to the headphones, does the sound drop out?

If you stream music from youtube does it still drop out?

You see where I’m going here. Narrow it down, swap out one source for another. I’d have said it could be a Bluetooth thing but it’s happened on two different computers so that’s unlikely.

Does it happen when you move your head in a certain direction? That might sound odd but I used to find that if I had my iPhone in my right pocket when out walking, I’d get the occasional drop on my old Bluetooth earbuds (this was pre airpod times) and that didn’t happen when I moved the phone to a different pocket.

Soldato
OP
hi @Feek

yeah, tomorrow I will go through what you suggest.

I did do one thing though, I connected my MBP to my hotspot on the iPhone, and used the 5G and didn’t seem to drop out?

weird.

Soldato
it has to be the headset surely?
Jabra usually recommends forcing a firmware update through the app, resetting the headset, removing the headset from all paired devices and then attempt to set it up again on your primary device. This sorted a few niggles with a Jabra headset i had before so might be worth trying but it seems very hit/miss if you read other forums/Reddit etc.

Have you always had this issue with the headphones from new?
Same lines as Feek and testing through elimination, it might be worth pairing them with a completely different device like an iPhone, or ideally non-Apple, as it's possible the headphones don't like the bluetooth chipsets Apple are using in their Mac's/devices.

Soldato
OP
Jabra usually recommends forcing a firmware update through the app, resetting the headset, removing the headset from all paired devices and then attempt to set it up again on your primary device. This sorted a few niggles with a Jabra headset i had before so might be worth trying but it seems very hit/miss if you read other forums/Reddit etc.

Have you always had this issue with the headphones from new?
Same lines as Feek and testing through elimination, it might be worth pairing them with a completely different device like an iPhone, or ideally non-Apple, as it's possible the headphones don't like the bluetooth chipsets Apple are using in their Mac's/devices.

thanks for the input dude!

I am going to test out today the advice Feel gave, and will try your suggestion too..

And no it has not started until most recently and I have had the headphones for a few months.

Soldato
OP
bought some third gen AirPods again! So much more convenient for me on the go.

I have demoted my Jabra headphones to my MM M1.

I think that the interference has been caused by having both my iPhone and MBP connected together (not playing together or anything though).

Back
Top Bottom