Anyone help with OC issue

Associate
I recently set about overclocking my i7920 D0. Once I had done and tested a few times I ran it through Intel Burn Test okay, no problems there, and highest temp was average 65. On idle, mid to late 40's.

The odd thing that I have noticed though is on boot up, sometimes it recognises my full 6gb, most the time it only picks up 4gb. I have tried tweaking some of he settings but it still has the same problem I have tested all of the memory sticks individually and in different slots. I have run memtest and all is okay, so I am thinking it must be something in my settings. Any guidance on this would really be appreciated. Settings and spec as follows:-

CPU Clock 20
Turbo Standard
QPI 36
Uncore 13
BCLK 190
Mem Multi 6

V Core 1.28125
QPI 1.315
IOH Auto
VDRAM 1.66

RAM Timing 9-9-9-24-2

Motherboard Gigabyte EX58 UD3R
CPU Intel i7920 D0 Stepping
RAM CORSAIR 3X2GB DDR3 1333C9
Video card Evga GeForce8800gts

Any suggestions

Thanks

Paul

Hi

Thanks for getting back to me, I have checked all the seating on the memory and cpu and they are all okay. Always boots with the correct RAM when tried in different slots/modules.

If I leave on optimised settings and just alter VDRAM it sees 6gb every time. Reading the other posts I am wondering if my power unit is sufficient, I have a Thermaltake 680w and I am running 4 hard drives, could it be anything to do with that I wonder

Well problem solved, I started looking at the RAM again and started swapping sticks etc. Guess what, one of the sticks would not boot the computer, tried it in each slot with the same result. The only thing I can think is that this particular offending item was a bit flaky from day one hence the 6gb sometimes and 4gb others, when I tested first time round it must have been having a good day, it must have given up totally over the last few days.

Ah well RMA, just hoping I can do one stick and not all 3

Back
Top Bottom