Anyone here involved in forecasting in your job? HELP!

Soldato
Yesterday I had the happy and joyous news that I'm being made redundant which sucks.. big time..

However, I sort of saw it coming and I'd actually got in the day before with a job interview at a distributor which went pretty well, I've been invited back to do a presentation on Monday so it might be the shortest redundancy on record (fingers well and truly crossed)..

Part of the presentation has to be about how I would manage their business in X channel and part of that is forecasting and that's something I've never really had to do..

Can anyone tell me what good things to understand/say are? I have a rough idea over lead times and demand peaks etc but thats about it..

Permabanned
Bluetooth headsets? ;)

I deal with weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual forecasts on a daily basis. The only real way to get good is to know your market.

Market knowledge = better, more accurate forcasts = happy management = happy me.

*n

Soldato
OP
thats what I figured, I understand the lead times on new handsets so I guess the handset specific stuff is tied to that, then you'll have even specific stuff for fascias etc..

I'm becoming conviced there isn't an answer much past viewing past performance and inferring an answer and having a decent plan in place for if it doesn't work.

Back
Top Bottom