Anyone here know anything about e107 CMS?

Soldato
Just wondering if anyone here knew anything about this CMS? Long story cut short, a fairly well subscribed to site I was a member of (it was an owners group for a model of car) was taken offline months ago as the guy who ran it didn't have time on his hands anymore to admin it. It was the only online group in the world dedicated to this particular model of car and had a ton of useful info and posts/threads in its forums section. I said I'd take over the hosting and running of the site and the fella concerned has sent me a DVD with an apparently complete backup of the entire site as it stood prior to being taken offline.

However, I've installed e107 to a spare domain I have to fiddle around with it and see if I can get it all up and running again and I'm banging my head off a brick wall trying to work out how to install what I need to from the back up onto the fresh, bare install of e107 sat on my server.

Could do with a few pointers but I appreciate that e107 is a fairly obscure CMS. I intend posting on their support forums for advice but sadly, having looked and read through some threads there it would appear that the admin staff of the forums are fairly 'aloof' and quite abrupt with people who seek support. Almost a degree of elitism seems to be displayed which makes me wonder if I'll get little help there. Anyway, worth a shot posting here just in case one of you clever chaps knows what the craic is with restoring a backup to this thing involves!

Ta. :)

e107 is certainly not something I'd have considered if I wanted to set up a car owners community site but it's the platform the old site was sat on so I figured it would be fairly easy to carry it on as it was rather than fiddle around trying to see if it was possible to convert it all over to something a bit better like phpBB or XenForo.

@touch - Got your email, I've replied with a couple of attachments. Cheers dude!

Back
Top Bottom