Anyone here use google maps on iphone/pad

Soldato
morning all. Was unsure where this thread belongs so apologies mods if in wrong place

Have been using google maps for years on my iphone and use the street view function multiple times a day to find equipment in obscure locations with useless addresses.

Seems to have stopped working the last couple of days, have tried reinstalling the app etc but same thing. Just wondering if anyone else having this problem or its a problem
With my device.

Fyi you get up street-view by dropping a pin and then the street-view box appears bottom
Left.

Associate
Still working in Darwin, though im not sure if thats of any help to you. Though the first time i did it, i got no street view option. Joined works wifi network and it seemed to work after that, even once i had disconnected. Not sure if i just wasn't patient enough

Associate
I just got an iPad a few days ago, downloaded Google maps, but when I picked it from the app store I saw that it was offering Google Street view as a separate app. I didn't download it, but have noticed that in Google maps I don't get the street view option in the bottom right hand corner...you know, the one with the floppy corpse

Might just be me being an idiot though as it's my first venture into appleland

Soldato
OP
I just got an iPad a few days ago, downloaded Google maps, but when I picked it from the app store I saw that it was offering Google Street view as a separate app. I didn't download it, but have noticed that in Google maps I don't get the street view option in the bottom right hand corner...you know, the one with the floppy corpse

Might just be me being an idiot though as it's my first venture into appleland

It used to appear automatically when you drop a pin as i said in op but currently seems broken.

Glad its not just me anyway!

Soldato
Mines now broke aswell. Can still zoom into street view but the screen goes black and you have to swipe back to go to overview view. (This is on 2018 ipad pro)

Soldato
Its a bug, should be fixed in next google app maps update, I saw a huge thread on it and its an issue in the latest app version. If it's the same thing on my ipad 2018, street view is broken, dropped street view pin ,then the picture goes all pixilated and then just a black screen.

Back
Top Bottom