Anyone into wildlife photography using a scope?

And

And

Associate
I think you'd be better off spending the money on a quality pair of wildlife binoculars which will last many years - Zeiss and Leica are about the best of the rest after Swarovski. Then work on fieldcraft, observing [a] what you're trying to photograph and its habits and how to approach it or tuck yourself away to wait for it.

Soldato
OP
I think you'd be better off spending the money on a quality pair of wildlife binoculars which will last many years - Zeiss and Leica are about the best of the rest after Swarovski. Then work on fieldcraft, observing [a] what you're trying to photograph and its habits and how to approach it or tuck yourself away to wait for it.
I think your right given what I've read about the quality of some scopes. Fieldcraft it is then. ;)

Soldato
Taking shots at focal lengths in excess of 900mm with adapted scopes is OK if you're just interested in taking record shots for your own amusement.

Image quality then isn't really an issue but if you're thinking about showing the images to others i.e. on Flickr for example then you would really be looking at ultra high quality glass on a high resolution camera sensor which will cost you
plenty.

Another consideration is that taking images of small objects like birds at such long distances you will certainly encounter the problems of heat haze and other environmental interference.

Back
Top Bottom