Poll: Anyone jailbreak their iPhone in 2020?

Do you jailbreak your iPhone?

• Yes

Votes: 4 9.1%
  • No

Votes: 40 90.9%

• Total voters
Commissario
We've done this a few times before and rather than carry on the 2019 thread, here's a new one for 2020.

Is your iPhone jailbroken and if so, what specific reason do you have for it?

Soldato
No, never been able to see any reason to do so. I use my iPhone and most of my devices as a productivity device, and as a work tool, to jailbreak (in my opinion) removes that solid QC stability that iOS has generally always held for me. I'm not going to deny that there are some problems, I use very few third party apps and most of the Apple Native apps and very rarely have I ever encountered problems. Especially with the improvements to the likes of Notes/Reminders over the last few years, and Shortcuts are an excellent tool which I have spent far too little time learning.

Soldato
I used to jailbreak my iPhones but haven't done it since about iPhone 6. I've never felt the need to if I'm honest, used to be just for the sake of tinkering with it. :p

Permabanned
I would like to have a play but don't want to become dependent on it to be honest, I know I will want to put iOS 14 beta on and also upgrade to the iPhone 12.

Soldato
No. My days of tweaking electronics has long gone, I frankly can’t be bothered any more. I wouldn’t buy it if it didn’t work properly out of the box. Too much effort for very little gain IMO. The stock experience is more than fine these days, same goes for Android.

Associate
Not worth it for me as you lose access to the online banking apps.
You can bypass it.

I did a few weeks ago didn’t see the hype and just upgraded to the last version that’s no longer jailbreakable.

I was looking through tweaks they were either super old or you had to pay and I didn’t fancy doing so.

When I first had an android phone - my first Android was a Galaxy Nexus, I was into that stuff now I couldn’t care less.
I’ve not missed it since getting an iPhone in 2017.

Soldato
You can bypass it.

I did a few weeks ago didn’t see the hype and just upgraded to the last version that’s no longer jailbreakable.

I was looking through tweaks they were either super old or you had to pay and I didn’t fancy doing so.

When I first had an android phone - my first Android was a Galaxy Nexus, I was into that stuff now I couldn’t care less.
I’ve not missed it since getting an iPhone in 2017.

I use A-Bypass for this.
I like to jailbreak to make my iPhone clutter free, I hate app labels, and have 6 items on the dock. - One of the many reasons why I jailbreak. :)

Back
Top Bottom