Anyone know about these TV screen head unit things?

Soldato
Quite fancy getting a TV monitor screen for the car. Don't really know that much about them, but quite like the idea of being able to watch movies and TV or just to have one in the first place :)

Don't really need SatNav as my car hardly ever sets a tyre outside the county and if push came to shove, I'm pretty handy with an old fashioned O.S. map.

Anyway, if I budget for £500 I'm looking at Ebay 2nd hand purchase. From what I can see the Pioneer AVH5700 looks pretty good and can be had within budget.

What I can't quite work out is what these things have as standard and what other units I need to get to make it do different things like TV and DVD playback etc.

One thing I would like though is to be able to use it as an engine monitor. I tihnk HKS do something that can be linked between the ECU and the HU screen (read someone mention it when selling a Subaru P1)

Anyway, any ideas opinions welcome :)

Soldato
OP
Cheers for the replies. Theres a couple of decent buys on fleebay right now and am watching a Pioneer AHV5700 which is in budget.

Like Pioneer stuff so am sticking with them. Looked at some of the Alpines but but the one I was looking at only has one pre-out which seems odd.

The one I'm looking at doesn't have TV but it will play DVDs which is OK. I can always get a TV tuner later.

Just occured to me because on the weekend I was obliged to take my little one and her friends out to a Farmyard Park and daddy would have had a much better time sat in the car if he could have caught a bit of the Spanish GP :)

Back
Top Bottom