Anyone on Smarty?

Caporegime
My sim only contract ends next month, currently paying £20 for 100G on Three. Their best deal would be 120G for £17 but I don’t need that much. 50G a month is plenty and I see Smarty has 50G for £8.

Anyone with them and do they have free EU roaming? I can see 12G, is that within the 50G?

Also, do they allow tether and hotspot?

Not sure who else to go with, any recommendations for sim only contracts.

Associate
Have a look at Talkmobile - it’s on the Vodafone network

I also have an IDMobile sim in my tablet and would recommend. It has data rollover which is useful, as I rarely use it when I’m in the UK, but when I go abroad I effectively have double allowance

As for tethering/hotspotting, there’s no issue with either provider. I’m not sure it’s a common restriction nowadays

Caporegime
I've been with Smarty for a couple of years now and they're great.

Tethering and hotspot is allowed, the roaming allowance comes out of the normal data limit.

Their service is decent too, I've switched plans a couple of times even when they've done special offers through MSE & uSwitch and been able to do it through the chat service.

5G speeds are great, probably only a bit slower than you'd get on Three direct.

JiI9htn.jpg

Soldato
I've been Smarty for a couple of years as well since Three were no longer offering EU roaming. I've yet to use it in Europe but my brother does. It's generally good and hassle free. I got a 30GB > 60GB deal for £10 a month and this hasn't changed.

Soldato
On smarty here for a work mobile when I need it in the south of Ireland - I occasionally have to travel down there - no issues at all and also on their 8 quid a month jobby.

I can't fault Smarty.

£8pm for 50GB, roamed in Romania recently with no issues. Good speed and all out of data allowance etc.

My only small gripe is that I can't roam in Switzerland, France/Germany fine - but the Swiss... no dice.

Soldato
Can't fault them since i joined them a couple of years ago. No issue with EU roaming in Italy, France, Belgium and I think Denmark. Better signal than 3 before.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I've been on Smarty for a couple of years after EE and so has my wife.
We have holidayed in Gran Canaria, Paris, Benidorm, Austria with no problems using the phone.
I'm on 60gb for £10 so £8 for 50gb is a steal.

Associate
There's a 12GB limit for EU roaming, so not your full 50GB. However they do allow you to purchase addon GB for around £1 each. We've used them for a good few years in during our trips driving through EU to Norway.

Soldato
There's a 12GB limit for EU roaming, so not your full 50GB. However they do allow you to purchase addon GB for around £1 each. We've used them for a good few years in during our trips driving through EU to Norway.
Not noticed that limit yet. Is it a daily limit?

Edit: monthly; I'd better be a bit more cautious then.

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP

12G a month is fine, I usually only go for for long weekend or a week max anyway.

Back
Top Bottom