Anyone own a Surface laptop/pro/go

Soldato
Gotcha. Although agriculture is obviously a huge factor, I'd agree that western consumerism is largely culpable as well. But this probably isn't the thread for that conversation, especially as I'm guilty of wanting to consume some expensive electronics!

Soldato
OP
Here in Finland people claiming wanting to protect environment keep constantly blaming people living outside cities and farming for destroying environment, while they never make any noise about whole disposable trash consumerism lifestyle of cities.
So what do the people in the cites eat? No farms no food?

Man of Honour
I ended up returning mine with a screen fault - not sure what I'm going to do now.. picked up a Surface Go to replace my iPad - its not massively powered but its great for taking notes at work and actually not too bad with doing a little bit of photo editing and vector design for work.

There are times I need a full power machine though - I might try again with another Surface Pro 6 or perhaps even the Surface Laptop 2 - only other thing thats really caught my eye is the Lenovo X1 Carbon.

Wouldn't mind the option for an external GPU but none of what I like supports Thunderbolt 3 yet!

Ordered a Lenovo Carbon X1 so will see what I think, went for the 16GB/i7/UHD screen (non-touch) - with built in 4G/LTE.
Don't really need my main device to be a tablet type (Surface Pro) so a proper laptop will be great for work in conjunction with my Surface Go for note-taking, etc

Nice to have the external GPU option if I really want it later too - better value than the Intel NUC Option + a larger Surface Pro Device.

Soldato
OP
Ordered a Lenovo Carbon X1 so will see what I think, went for the 16GB/i7/UHD screen (non-touch) - with built in 4G/LTE.
Don't really need my main device to be a tablet type (Surface Pro) so a proper laptop will be great for work in conjunction with my Surface Go for note-taking, etc

Nice to have the external GPU option if I really want it later too - better value than the Intel NUC Option + a larger Surface Pro Device.

Nice! let use know what you think of it do you live in england? i can't see 16GB RAM option?

Soldato
Nice! let use know what you think of it do you live in england? i can't see 16GB RAM option?
You need to "upgrade" CPU from 8250U to higher option to get abilility to choose 16GB.
(same in X1 Yoga and X380)

Does Intel NUC even have any "GPU horse power"?
I think GTX 1050 of Lenovo's very slim size ThinkPad Thunderbolt Dock is lot more powerful than any Intel NUC.

especially as I'm guilty of wanting to consume some expensive electronics!
Then buying laptop which can be opened to clean cooling fan and change battery (or failed/too small SSD) helps to lower environmental impact, because it can be used for longer time than some glued together disposable device.

Soldato
Had my Surface Laptop since feb...no issues with the alcantara. Much prefer it to cold plastic or metal tbh!
I would agree with this (although Ive probably had it 1/2 as long and mine is a S Pro)

One thing I was slightly surprised about (using as a replacement for my 10" Sony tablet) was the weight of the 12" Surface pro, its actually pretty chunky, maybe additional cooling for the i5 (I didn't trust getting the low power cpu option) - sometimes it can be a little annoying but having the kick stand is really helpful. Overall Im really impressed with it

Back
Top Bottom