Anyone recommend a smart plug with energy usage monitor built in?

Soldato
After:-
1) Good Alexa integration
2) Good power usage stats/history
3) The ability to easily clear the energy usage history. Amazing how many don't seem to offer this.

Ta

Soldato
OP
What daily data do you get? A rough rundown of the usage that day (eg: hourly)? Or just a single average figure?

Thanks again...

Soldato
OP
Racking my brain overnight - actually have these plugs, just can't remember why they didn't work out - hence I got the Kasa ones... There's something buggy or missing about them if I recall. Will let you know if I remember!

Mysterae - why thank you! ;)
Well, can't get the Kasa ones from the african river (no stock), so I've gone for the ones in that video...

Soldato
OP
Well, can't get the Kasa ones from the african river (no stock), so I've gone for the ones in that video...
Grrrr... Got these Teckin units today. Battled away and just couldn't get the energy usage feature to display in the app.

A little message tucked away in a discussion on the african river had a reply from the manufacturer that they've now removed the feature. Returning... Now trying Gosund ones...

Soldato
OP
Well the Gosand ones seem to work well, give at least a reasonable indication of energy usage too, and on the african river are only £8.49 each at the moment.

Soldato
OP
Indeed, if there was just a dedicated Windows program/service that could do the collecting rather than a dedicate operating system, that would be ideal for me...

Soldato
OP
Bumping an old thread, because I just wanted to know what people use these days.

I'm looking for a simple plug to monitor electricity usage from the wall and display the usage as a graph. I'd ideally like the resolution every second or so, but up to a minute would be okay.

My ultimate aim is to be able to look at a graph on my phone later on and check the usage graph. If the data was stored on a memory card and could be easily imported into Excel, that would work too.
The Gosund offer a simple view. Energy use values are shown live, but the simple graph probably resolves to hourly/per day. Nothing clever like Home Assistant etc.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom