Anyone Still Use Play.com?

Soldato
Haven't used them for a few years now, the delivery times started getting pretty bad, over a week compaired to Amazon who deliver pretty much the next day or day after. I keep getting sales emails of them and was just wondering if the service has improved any?

Caporegime
I use them all the time... a lot of their stuff is from 3rd parties like Amazon now does.

Free delivery is all i ever use, 2-3 days

I tend to buy a load of christmas stocking filler tat from them too never had an issue in about 30 orders... No worse than other companies of similar style.

I did buy a laptop PSU from one of their "shops" sent to N. Sweden said 7 days... Took 7 days.. Thats not bad for free. Everywhere else i looked was quoting the same price for delivery as the cheap item itself...

edit: i buy from who ever supplies the crap at the cheapest delivered cost. No. loyalty. at . all . :p

Last edited:
Soldato
I buy the odd thing from them, usually items where very little can go wrong though, and lower value items.

Soldato
Haven't used them since a few months before they were bought out. Their delivery times got ridiculous and prices weren't great anymore.

Associate
As has been highlighted their delivery times became idiotic. I jumped ship around a year before they effectively shut down (at least as a primary retailer) and I have never seen any reason to go back.

I used to spend a lot of money with them but they are a perfect example of why online retailing is such a fine margin business - the second you try to trim some cost (in their case postage costs) the entire thing becomes uncompetitive vs the rain forest (and others).

Associate
i used them once last year since they got brought out , took 16 days to get a game! a present for someone was told 5-8 days, so probably wont use them again, they just got more terrible each year.

Last edited:

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Haven't used them since a few months before they were bought out. Their delivery times got ridiculous and prices weren't great anymore.
This. It used to be you could find a CD/DVD for a few £ less than other retailers with decent delivert but by the end they were the same price with slower delivery.

Permabanned
I recently bought 4 used books (two of them hardbacks) for about a tenner from them, not old books either. The hardbacks were like new.

I think I'll use them to buy used books again but not mp3 downloads because I found out theres a limit to how many times you can downloiad them :(

Back
Top Bottom