Anyone tried the BenQ EX3501R

Associate
Hi, I'm still on the fence about upgrading from my BenQ 1440p 144Hz screen to an ultrawide. I got this because at the time I had an AMD gpu so the FreeSync was a big draw but due to a slightly annoying set or events I now find myself with an Nvidia 1070. With the prices of the new RTX cards I can't see myself getting another Nvidia card any time soon and I really don't like the idea of paying a huge premium for a GSync screen so I've looking at the various Freesync options. Of those the Benq EX3501R is one of the cheapest but I've not heard it mentioned much on here and neither PCMonitors or TFTCentral (my 2 trusted review sites) have reviewed it so I was wondering if anyone on here had any first hand experience of it? The reviews I have found of it all seem to be fairly positive and for the price it looks to be a decent option?

Thanks,

Ross

Caporegime
@LoadsaMoney Isn't this the one you bought a few weeks back? If it is he's been very happy with it so far.

Yeah it is, and yeah, im very happy with it, its a cracker of a screen, i can't fault it at all, games look and run great on it (my previous screen was also a BenQ 1440p 144Hz FreeSync), i couldn't go back to 16:9 now.

Only thing id say is, i wouldn't get it for the HDR, as its supposed to be 'fake' on this screen, but that doesn't matter to me, as im still on Windows 7.

A 1070 should be fine on it, just won't have the FreeSync (obviously).

Associate
OP
Thanks for that Loadsa, does look pretty nice. I think I'll keep an eye on prices see if any deals pop up for it, maybe something on Black Friday if I'm lucky.

Caporegime
Yeah, you never know :)

Quite a lot of games support 3440x1440 these days, ive only got one that doesn't, and thats Resi 7, but theres a fix for that, and theres always https://www.flawlesswidescreen.org/ to fix ones that don't as well.

Another good site is http://www.wsgf.org/, which has a game database, which tells you which games support UW, how well, and if they need a fix, and if they do, what those fixes are, and theres also the WAF youtube channel as well:-

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxfsK33BWlxHgglWl9LTAYA

Soldato
Quite a bump, but there are plenty of recent threads regarding ultrawides, and I've read most of them. I've also googled ultrawide monitors to death.

What I didn't know about until very recently, was this monitor. It gets very few mentions anywhere.

I'm looking for something that'll be pretty much solely for gaming, but I'm also looking for value. If this is the same panel as as the Asus XG35VQ, and a slightly newer panel than the Acer Z35P (which was one of the screens I was leaning towards) then it might well be a winner!

Can anyone confirm whether it overclocks in the same way the other two do?

Back
Top Bottom