Anyone tried the new Pepsi Recipe yet?

Associate
For those that don't know Pepsi just changed their classic flavour to reduce sugar.

I have to say this stuff is disgusting, I just bought 2 bottles of Syrup for my Sodastream not noticing they change that recipe too...

It's actually very annoying as the value in my Sodastream has now gone way down as I can't get normal Pepsi anymore. So much for doing my bit to help the environment.

I don't see why companies can't just let us have the option, I always pay the extra for the sugar as it tastes way better, looks like ill be switching back to Coca Cola now!.

I haven’t tried because I think Pepsi Max is better anyway, particularly cherry Pepsi max.

I can't drink diet cokes, I can't stand the taste of sweeteners and I find the aftertaste absolutly disgusting, the only one I can tolerate and I literally mean the ONLY diet coke I can drink is PepsiMax Cherry.

I get all my pop from Aldi now. As own brand cheapo pop goes Aldis stuff is pretty damn good, and their knock off of Pepsi Max, in the blue label bottles, is the closest to the real stuff I have found. And at 47p for a 2l bottle compared to £1.75 it is a no brainer.

To be fair I can't remember which one but one of them is almost similar that I do like it one of the Lidl/Aldi ones, in general Coke is the one drink I don't like the flavour of a lot of the cheap brands. Lemonade though, man any ol crap will do for me it all tastes fine, as long as it's not diet.

a glass of water FTW, or just a nice beer or wine. I never understood the need for drinking pure sugar with chemical ****. Tastes vile and is just needless calories.

If you want to argue Sugar sure, but beer has as around the same amount of calories as coke so that argument isn't that valid. Taste is individual though, i don't really drink alchohol in general, and Wine is outright disgusting, the only thing it's good for is my bolognese!

How do you differentiate the old and new ones?

Taste, they taste completely different the ONLY difference is the nutritional list on the can/bottle otherwise they look completely the same. Pretty scummy way of doing it as it was misleading caught me out.
Rarely drink a high sugary drink these days, i've still got some American style soda in the fridge from a year ago. But i still think the sugar tax is just a joke, and disappointed that Pepsi have gone this way. I find Coke a bit gross, though out of the glass bottles it's alright.

Tbh I don't really drink that much anymore but I did like the Soda stream can just make one when I feel like it and don't have to worry about a bottle going flat, normally just stick to squash. I don't really care about the sugar tax I get what it's for (I doubt it's actually used for that though) but just give me the damn choice on whether I want to pay it or not.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom