Anyone use a food processor on a regular basis?

Soldato
As title really... I'm having some dental surgery soon and will be limited to soft foods for a good few weeks.

I'm thinking of buying one but never really used one before.. Is there any interesting stuff I can do with one?

Might see if I can snag one on prime week but dunno if it will be one of those things that only gets used a few times and then cast into the back of a cupboard!

I've read that having a pulse mode is a good feature to have.. But other than decent capacity I don't really know what to look for..

Last edited:
A few years ago, whilst my son had a broken jaw, I used to regularly use a blender for soups, stews, milk shakes etc..
Also a Nutribullet does a similar job

Thanks.. I could see it being usefull for soup, but then I have a hand held blender and a slow cooker already, so I'm thinking a food processor might be surplus to requirement... even just cooking/stewing veg and meat on the stove top, low and slow gets really soft/tender...

If your dental surgery is anything like I had you'll only be able to eat mashed potato and gravy for several weeks. And absolutely NO CRISPS!! That was the hardest thing :(

I'm having the rest of my natural teeth removed, and full arch implants, top and bottom, so there will be a period of a few month where I have temporary dentures whilst the implants settle in - I can't eat anything crunchy anyway as I have a lot of gaps already.

Mostly I'm livin off pasta dishes, Mac&cheese, Stews and curries already, but I have to cook them a long time so the meat gets really soft, that's how bad it's got!

Back
Top Bottom