Anyone used hashtechguy or e-infinity for buying cameras?

Associate
On the lookout for a new compact for the wife. Pretty much sold on the Canon G5x mk ii but the pricing online is crazy. John Lewis is £850. Best mainstream retailer seems to be Amazon at £750ish. Then I see DigitalRev £599 (HK Imports), hashtech guy £549 and E-infinity £529 and they must also be Grey imports to be that price. I’ve bought DSLR lenses from Digital Rev, HDEW etc before and not worried about getting caught out as will buy on credit card / paypal. More concerned about if I ever need to claim for a warranty issue.

The best middle ground (saving money and having a decent warranty) seems to be ******* at £650 and whilst still an import they offer a 3yr warranty and seem to have a good rep.

Soldato
Used e-infinity many times and have not been disappointed. Primarily for lenses but purchased my 6D MkII from them about 2 years ago and it hasn't missed a beat. If you're happy enough to wait the 7-10 days for postage and the fact they are grey imports I wholly recommend. Plus e-infinity do offer a 12 month warranty themselves - fortunately I've never had to avail of the service so I can't comment on its ease of use. But I always think if something like a camera lens can last 12 months with no issues it should be fine beyond that.

Associate
OP
I dont think their prices can be beaten. Its just the warranty side thats in question. Just gotta hope you dont have a problem. But for a £230 / 30% saving I think its worth a punt. At least some protection paying via paypal.

Associate
OP
Check P.anamoz as well, they supply a 3-year UK warranty. Good prices most of the time.

That was who I quoted as £650 but it got **** out. 3yr warranty is good but still £120 dearer than e-infinity currently. If it was closer I would go for the longer and better warranty. Will keep an eye on prices though as wont be buying for a couple of weeks.

Back
Top Bottom