anyone using 3 4g router? all the reviews said it was fast and stable but god dam this thing is slow

Associate
have 14 days to return it but really want this to work out, my broadband is max speed 5mbps with a guarantee of 3mbps lol, 3 told me the minimum would be 15mbps but average should be 30mbps, well I was hyped but got router and this is what I got, wired/wireless https://imgur.com/a/VfifDXtliterally same as my broadband :(, took this ghetto ass video for a friend whos trying to help, I am not tech savvy at all but here it is, any settings I could change? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GnejueSISY also would this be worth investing in? how much would it help?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product...DGFPS&linkId=806d7990b6c3e6be7b1f2c4c688e93c4

its pretty expensive and I know I can return but thats such a pain in the arse and really only want to invest if its acutally going to make a decent improvement,

Thanks for any help, I just want to try play a game after work lol :(

Oh should also say that 3 said I had excellent coverage in my area

Associate
OP
if all you want to do is play games, broadband even if its 5, or 3 or 1mbps its more than enough and better than any 3g or 4g connection. id use the broadband for games and the 4g for downloading, you can improve its signal slightly for free, by placing it near an upstairs window.

4g I get 3mbps which in steam is around 200kps, most games are 20gig or way more, I mean if I wanted to play blops3 its nearly 100gig, Id be downloading for 2 weeks straight lol

Associate
OP
At 0:56 in the video, your 4G signal is 2/5, so pretty poor signal.

4G, especially the bandwidth that Three uses, doesn't penetrate buildings very well so you generally don't get brilliant 4G performance indoors. That antenna you linked should definitely help provided that your router has the connections for an external antenna on it.

The router 3 sent only has one connection so most of the decent antennas are out the question, If I buy another router plus antenna then im looking at another 250.00 and thats not even guaranteed too work :( bought a whole new pc but my terrible internet is putting me on the verge of sending it back

Associate
OP
hmm. on bt dsl checker website do an address check or telephone number check instead of postcode check. bt fttc should be in your area. blank out your details if you post a pic tho.

Ive spoke to bt a few times and had actual bt engineers come out and they all say the same, max I can get its 11 at the cabinet i think they said but max speed they can guarantee is 3mbps :(

Associate
OP
so you have a FTTC connection already ? what does the router say the sync rate is ?
how do I find that out? and yea I do, basically im with sky and the minimum they guarantee is 4mbps when I asked bt they said minimum they could guarantee is 3mbps, I live so far from the cabinet so a usual broadband line is just impossible for me, the last engineer I had (yesterday) said upgrades to my area are extremely slim and unless I move this was the best speed I could get, this is why Im trying every other avenue but looks like 4g might suck just as hard :(

Associate
OP
It’s all about placement of the router and which mast it connects to. The strongest signal (which the router will try to use) is not necessarily going to give the quickest speeds.

I use a program called “LTE Inspecteur” which shows the statistics about the mast that the router is using and also allows you to play around with 3G/4G settings and positioning of the router to get the best speeds (it may not be where you would expect).
thanks that program looks handy ill definitely give it a shot tonight :)

Associate
OP
It’s all about placement of the router and which mast it connects to. The strongest signal (which the router will try to use) is not necessarily going to give the quickest speeds.

I use a program called “LTE Inspecteur” which shows the statistics about the mast that the router is using and also allows you to play around with 3G/4G settings and positioning of the router to get the best speeds (it may not be where you would expect).
how did you download lte inspecteur whenever i go to download it, it goes to google drive and says "google drive was unable to load you requested view. Redirecting to default view" but nothing happens

Back
Top Bottom