Anyone using an EGPU with MBP ?

Soldato
OP
I don’t do final cut, I’m not sure why it won’t cut it when my 2012 iMac could currently?

Performance perception is reletive I Suppose.....but if my 2016 15" mbp is sluggish to me I don't see how a duel core 13" will be of benefit, unless you don't mind how long it takes......like even culling images feels frustratingly slow, there's loading between each image even with smart previews on - sure abit faster with egpu.....but it's honestly not that much sadly. The ryzen pc skips through images instantly. Near no perceptible loading takes place.

I have no choice being on the road with my mbp but dang it needs to be faster.

Caporegime
Performance perception is reletive I Suppose.....but if my 2016 15" mbp is sluggish to me I don't see how a duel core 13" will be of benefit, unless you don't mind how long it takes......like even culling images feels frustratingly slow, there's loading between each image even with smart previews on - sure abit faster with egpu.....but it's honestly not that much sadly. The ryzen pc skips through images instantly. Near no perceptible loading takes place.

I have no choice being on the road with my mbp but dang it needs to be faster.

Er.....my MBP is 2018 6 core i7 as I said earlier?

Caporegime
Ahh right well how fast is that then....sorry I thought you said you were thinking of getting that.....does it hop through images fairly seemlessly when culling and are you using LR?

It is fast and yes & yes.

The internal SSD is ridiculous if the files are on there, but I would be working off on Thunderbolt to external anyway.

Permabanned
Can you run triple monitor as landscape in the middle and portrait either side? I am thinking of getting a Mac Mini plus eGPU.

Is it as simple as buying a Razer Core X plus any Vega 64 graphics card?

Back
Top Bottom