Anyone using Vidahost?

Soldato
I signed up with them a few months ago, and have been very happy. However, I received a phonecall half an hour or so ago, from an unknown number, with someone claiming to be with Barclays Merchant Services, who asked for my feedback on the service and for me to confirm my date of birth. I've called Vidahost, who confirm that they do use Barclays as their payment provider. I'm just wondering if anyone else has received a similar call? A little worried that it's a phishing call now :o

I've just spoken to Shakir at Barclays who made the phonecalls and it's a legitimate call. They're just checking that the payment process went smoothly and the services were delivered. He tells me that he confirmed your purchase details with you first to demonstrate the legitimacy of the call and only then asked you for information. It's completely optional and you are of course free not to give any information at all.

It's not something we at Vidahost were aware of so I apologise if it caused any confusion or concern.

Back
Top Bottom