AOC AGON AG353UCG

Associate
Well I believe the model is 1 year old or so, so I'm guessing more modern panels might have been manufactured since then?

This model also has FALD. It does look like a cracking deal.

Associate
I went ahead and bought one! Was considering the X35, 34GN850 and 3420dw. I’ve heard the ASUS PG35VQ fan noise is okay and the X35 was patched with an update. Nothing about the AOC so I’m hoping it’s not too bad.

Associate
OP
I went ahead and bought one! Was considering the X35, 34GN850 and 3420dw. I’ve heard the ASUS PG35VQ fan noise is okay and the X35 was patched with an update. Nothing about the AOC so I’m hoping it’s not too bad.
Me too. I have read up about the fan, but I'll be using it for gaming with the sound on at a decent level so I'm hoping it'll be OK. If it's obnoxious, then I'll return it!

Soldato
I can't find any recent mentions of this monitor. It's currently half price on Overclockers, and looks like a hell of a spec for the money (albeit it's still very expensive). G Sync ultimate, 200hz, proper HDR. Seems to be selling at the higher price elsewhere too.

Any reasons this is discounted so heavily?

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/aoc-...rved-widescreen-gaming-monitor-mo-04z-ao.html
What price did it drop too ?

As that link says it not available anymore

Associate
OP
It arrived, and I've had a bit of a play.

First off, it's huge and the picture is gorgeous - it looks every bit the £2k monitor it professes to be. I ran a quick calibration using my i1 and it turns out it was almost on the money already. The FALD can be distracting on uniformly grey or black areas, but other than that I can't fault the picture quality.

The fan. Ok, it is definitely audible - think laptop type of noise. It's a higher frequency than my PC fans so you can hear it clearly over the usual low hum when the PC is at idle, and maybe crucially for many, you can hear it over quiet music.

HOWEVER... in gaming it's an absolute non-issue. Once my GPU and AIO have spun up to gaming speeds, you can't hear the monitor. I doubt you'd hear it over the game sounds either.

Overall, I would advise against this for home office or music listening duties, but for gaming I can't imagine there are many better options out there - I love the ultrawide aspect, and the refresh rate really makes the most of a decent GPU.

Caporegime
The fan. Ok, it is definitely audible - think laptop type of noise. It's a higher frequency than my PC fans so you can hear it clearly over the usual low hum when the PC is at idle, and maybe crucially for many, you can hear it over quiet music.

Thanks, this made me feel better on missing the deal :D :)

Soldato
Thanks, this made me feel better on missing the deal :D :)
Thanks, this made me feel better about paying much more for the Asus Version :D :p

(The Acer version is also meant to have a loud fan )

Associate
OP
Hmm... I do listen to music, and not particularly loud. I was trying to talk myself into keeping this, but I think it's going to grate. Even at the price I bought it for, there shouldn't be any compromises at this price level. What a ridiculous design flaw - with all that real estate at the back surely they could have fitted a great big slow fan instead of a little whiny laptop style fan.

Oh well, the search for a perfect monitor continues.

Associate
Hmm... I do listen to music, and not particularly loud. I was trying to talk myself into keeping this, but I think it's going to grate. Even at the price I bought it for, there shouldn't be any compromises at this price level. What a ridiculous design flaw - with all that real estate at the back surely they could have fitted a great big slow fan instead of a little whiny laptop style fan.

Oh well, the search for a perfect monitor continues.

So you're sending it back?

Does overclockers sell open box items? /refreshes shop page :D

Associate
I haven’t received mine yet but arriving soon,

I’m planning to use it with my work laptop for coding and meetings. I also have a list of hdr games to try. I am however concerned with the fan and the VA pixel response (coming from 144hz benq TN) as I still play relatively competitive games - not pro but higher than average.

Is the fan noticeable in day to day use? I use open back headphones while gaming and my PC is not loud but not silent either.

Hoping I will keep it.

Back
Top Bottom