AOC CQ27G2U & Q27G2U

Associate
I'm looking at purchasing either of these monitors (when they're back in stock) but would like to know if they're good. My budget is £300 max and these seem to be the best I've come across for the price range or are there any better for £300?

I'm coming from a 29" 2560x1080 60hz IPS panel so understamd that there will be differences due to the panel type but I'm just a casual gamer playing COD MW, Battlefield, F1 2019 and Assassins creed plus other games like these.

Associate
I bought the CQ27G2U a few months back and it has been fantastic. I came from a good 1080p 60Hz IPS panel and the image quality, contrast and all that stuff is waaayyy better.

For the price, you won't get much more. The best review I found was hardware unboxed, where they reviewed a slightly different CQ27G2 (without U), which I gather is identical but without the USB hub or speakers. Note HU go through the best settings for different use cases, so worth watching that video.

Can't really weight in much more as I've never had a 144hz 1440p monitor before this. Not noticing much ghosting or slow response (surprisingly from a VA) while playing CSGO, overwatch and a few other titles. Build quality is surprisingly good, the stand is excellent, OSD is a bit crap but there's software to avoid that.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom