** AOC Q2770PQU Owners Thread **

Associate
I had one briefly, but had to return it (not OCUK) due to a stck pixel near the middle. AOC don't have a zero pixel policy like DELL so that would put me off buying one again. I tried to get an RMA but had to return under DSR as one stuck pixel near the middle of the screen is deemed to be acceptable - I probably wouldn't have noticed if it was nearer an edge. Apart from that it was a great monitor, lovely clear image and good colour once you delete the colour profile from Windows.

Associate
Just returned the third one in a row with dead pixels...

Not impressed with AOC at all tbh!

I've just ordered an Iiyama, let's hope it's a keeper.

Associate
So how is connected? You're not accidentally connecting it via the onboard HDMI or something silly?

My tips would be:

1) Connect it with the DVI cable supplied.
2) Ensure it's connected to the dual-link output on your graphics card...note that most cards (even with 2x DVI's) will only have 1x dual link connection

You won't get a picture if it's not connected via dual-link.

Windows re installed. One step forward but no cigar. The driver now has the much better selection of resolutions up to 1920 x 1200 with the monitor connected with DVI cable. However, there is still no display on the monitor. I also tried a mini display-port to DVI cable with the same result.

I then thought it could be that the monitor only accept dual link DVI so I tried a HDMI -> DVI adapter on a different PC with the same DVI cable and I get a display. As the HDMI only do 1920 x 1080, that is the resolution I got. So, it can use a single link source.

More research on Google is needed I think, but at least the proper resolutions come up in the driver this time. The main reason I need the laptop to connect on DVI is that I have an Aten 4 port dual link KVM on order, I have 3 other PCs that can output the full fat 2560 x 1440.

Associate
I'm actually tempted to get this but still deciding between this and the new Samsung model coming out. Any recommendations? Price doesn't matter and it will be used mainly for gaming and blu ray playback.

Associate
Got mine delivered yesterday. Absolutely gorgeous monitor, the screen size is huge coming from a 22" 1080p LG. Very impressed, no dead pixels and the IQ whilst gaming is stunning, very happy man atm :)

Soldato
Any reason I shouldn't be going for one of these at Ocuk's current price? Need a 2560x1440 monitor for home use, bit of gaming, general browsing and after effects in a pinch if I cant be arsed going to the office.

Soldato
Wait, did the price just go up between me posting that and now? I'm sure it was cheaper than everywhere else before, now its £360?

Associate
That's a shame I have had three now and no dead pixels on any of them.

Finally, I have one with no dead pixels :D

Monitor
Model name............... Q2770
Manufacturer............. AOC
Plug and Play ID......... AOC2770
Serial number............ xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Manufacture date......... 2014, ISO week 25
Filter driver............ None
-------------------------
EDID revision............ 1.4
Input signal type........ Digital (DisplayPort)
Color bit depth.......... 8 bits per primary color
Color encoding formats... RGB 4:4:4, YCrCb 4:4:4, YCrCb 4:2:2
Screen size.............. 600 x 340 mm (27.2 in)
Power management......... Active off/sleep
Extension blocs.......... 1 (CEA-EXT)
-------------------------
DDC/CI................... Supported
MCCS revison............. 2.1
Display technology....... TFT
Controller............... Mstar 0x1600
Firmware revision........ 0.8
Active power on time..... Not supported
Power consumption........ Not supported
Current frequency........ 88.90kHz, 60.03Hz

Very nice monitor for the money :cool:

Associate
Got this monitor today and very happy with it but got a query, might seem a silly question but its something thats confusing me.

I understood that at native resolution that the refresh is 60hz however when playing COD AW it allows me to select 75hz in the graphics options. I tried both 60 and 75 and to me it seems smoother at 75hz. Is the monitor using this rate or is it using 60hz and my eyes are playing tricks on me?!

Associate
Got this monitor today and very happy with it but got a query, might seem a silly question but its something thats confusing me.

I understood that at native resolution that the refresh is 60hz however when playing COD AW it allows me to select 75hz in the graphics options. I tried both 60 and 75 and to me it seems smoother at 75hz. Is the monitor using this rate or is it using 60hz and my eyes are playing tricks on me?!

Unless you are using a lower than maximum resolution I think your eyes are deceiving you.

Back
Top Bottom