Aorus Owner's Lounge

Soldato
Couple of questions:

1) Is the 980M really worth the extra £250~~ over a 970m??
2) When is the next generation of GPU due to be released so the current gen get cheaper :D?

Associate
Any news on an eta for a new model of X3? Couple months maybe? The X3-V5 CF2 seems to be available on a certain other site that rhymes with pan.co.uk :D

Will probably be taking the plunge in the next month on something anyway.

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
Any news on an eta for a new model of X3? Couple months maybe? The X3-V5 CF2 seems to be available on a certain other site that rhymes with pan.co.uk :D

Will probably be taking the plunge in the next month on something anyway.

Hi WingnutWilson,

OcUK have stock of the new version also: X3 v5-CF1

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/aoru...x-970m-6gb-gddr5-gaming-laptop-lt-018-au.html

There is another slightly more expensive version in the market, arrived this week.

Both version will continue for the next few months, so there isn't another revision planned.

Hope that clarifies.

Regards

Atom 80

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
Same here! My replacement x3 v5 is running very smoothly so far. Atom and aorus have been tremendous in their support. And I am in full agreement with ads_green both Tomb raider and the new call of duty are running incredibly well.

Thanks for the feedback Matsamplokos, glad everything smooth and you are enjoying your AORUS X3

Regards,

Atom80

Associate
HI Atom80,

I thought I would let you know about a very minor issue with the X7Pro so that you can feed it back to the team in Taiwan:

Since I upgraded to Windows 10 I have noticed that the keyboard backlight only illuminates after you have entered your password to log in to Windows. Obviously this makes it more difficult to enter your password.

Presumably there would be a software or BIOS fix that would cause the keyboard to illuminate earlier in the boot sequence.

Other than this the machine is still performing fantastically. Loving Shadow of Mordor with pretty much everything maxed out.

Thanks in advance,
Chuffbaby

Associate
HI Atom80,

I thought I would let you know about a very minor issue with the X7Pro so that you can feed it back to the team in Taiwan:

Since I upgraded to Windows 10 I have noticed that the keyboard backlight only illuminates after you have entered your password to log in to Windows. Obviously this makes it more difficult to enter your password.

Presumably there would be a software or BIOS fix that would cause the keyboard to illuminate earlier in the boot sequence.

Other than this the machine is still performing fantastically. Loving Shadow of Mordor with pretty much everything maxed out.

Thanks in advance,
Chuffbaby

Hi Chuffbaby,

Thanks for the feedback! I'm actually located at Taiwan HQ, I'll be sure to get this info to the right people.

Thanks,

R~
AORUS Gaming

Associate
AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
HI Atom80,

Thanks in advance,
Chuffbaby

Hi Chuffbaby,

Thanks for the feedback! I'm actually located at Taiwan HQ, I'll be sure to get this info to the right people.

Thanks,

R~
AORUS Gaming

Thanks Chuffbaby and thanks Ryu_86..... look forward to the fix on this from R&D so Chuffbaby can log in in the dark !

Regards,

Atom80

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
So what is the difference between two?
Regards

Fairly sure the only difference is the CF2 has an extra NMVe drive for a total of 1tb.

Might go for the camo X5 now myself. Seems to have been on pre-order for a looong time now though.

Hi both,

Yes that's correct, the CF1 @ OcUK was the launch model with 1 x 512 SSD,,, the CF2 model which arrived in the market last week has 2 x512 SSD...

Everything else the same,,,, apart from price obviously :)

Regards,

Atom80

PS- regarding the CAMO X5S with single GTX980M, we just spoke to HQ and the schedule has been delayed. We will update with ETA when its more accurate. Sorry, but we rely on 3rd party company for the CAMO chassis and this is out of our control to a degree. We need to ensure quality is perfect.

Associate
HI Atom80,

Thanks in advance,
Chuffbaby

Hey Chuffbaby,

Can you confirm your BIOS version? You might try and see if there is and update in your Driver Utility Tool. That might fix you up!

Thanks!

R~
AORUS Gaming

Associate
That is a nice machine. I'd say it's controversial but I think it's nice to see a full HD screen on the thing so the gaming performance is going to last and last. Will probably support VR relatively nicely as well.

Associate
I am actually looking forward for the machines with Aorus Fusion Keyboard. Looking at the youtube videos It seems that both X5S and X5 v5 will have it but an aorus rep confirmed that only X5 SLI will get that keyboard update. What about the users who want the fusion keyboard with single GPU?
Regards

Last edited:
Associate
Hi Atom,

Just came across another issue today - for some reason my laptops display isn't working? All is OK with just an external monitor, however there is no option to clone the output or select the built in display.

When the laptop is on it's own (nothing connected) the display lights up (so I can see the backlight is working) but nothing appears. I've updated all the drivers, BIOS, tried the fn+LCD/Monitor button etc but can't for the life of me get this to work.

Again - I really don't want to have to send the laptop back (same as when I reported the shutdown/switch on issue). Any suggestions as to what I can try? Not sure if this is due to a recent MS update or something?

I've sent you some more details at [email protected]. Let me know if you don't receive this email?

Cheers

Last edited:
AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
Hi Atom,

Just came across another issue today - for some reason my laptops display isn't working? All is OK with just an external monitor, however there is no option to clone the output or select the built in display.

When the laptop is on it's own (nothing connected) the display lights up (so I can see the backlight is working) but nothing appears. I've updated all the drivers, BIOS, tried the fn+LCD/Monitor button etc but can't for the life of me get this to work.

Again - I really don't want to have to send the laptop back (same as when I reported the shutdown/switch on issue). Any suggestions as to what I can try? Not sure if this is due to a recent MS update or something?

I've sent you some more details at [email protected]. Let me know if you don't receive this email?

Cheers

Hi Hawk - sorry to hear of problem - did this occur after an update of any description?

We haven't received email - please check address and re-send.

[email protected]

Thanks.

Atom80

Associate
Hi Hawk - sorry to hear of problem - did this occur after an update of any description?

We haven't received email - please check address and re-send.

[email protected]

Thanks.

Atom80

Thanks Atom,

Just resent - it was stuck in my outbox for some reason. Let me know if it doesn't come through.

I couldn't say specifically if it was after an updated as I mainly have the laptop connected to an external monitor when I'm not travelling. However, as I can't get the built in display to work at POST (eg, no Aorus logo or option to go to the BIOS) I'm assuming it's not an MS related update issue? Not ruling it out though....

Let me know what you think after reading the email and whether I should log a call with MendIT?

Cheers

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
Thanks Atom,

Just resent - it was stuck in my outbox for some reason. Let me know if it doesn't come through.

I couldn't say specifically if it was after an updated as I mainly have the laptop connected to an external monitor when I'm not travelling. However, as I can't get the built in display to work at POST (eg, no Aorus logo or option to go to the BIOS) I'm assuming it's not an MS related update issue? Not ruling it out though....

Let me know what you think after reading the email and whether I should log a call with MendIT?

Cheers

Hi Hawk862,

Replied to mail, and we believe the best solution would be to exchange your unit for new from OCUK.

We trust this meets with your approval, and on mail we advise just to remove the additional SSD you installed, then follow OcUK returns process - Bailey copied on the email.

Thanks,

Atom80

Associate
Hi Hawk862,

Replied to mail, and we believe the best solution would be to exchange your unit for new from OCUK.

We trust this meets with your approval, and on mail we advise just to remove the additional SSD you installed, then follow OcUK returns process - Bailey copied on the email.

Thanks,

Atom80

Hi Atom,

Cheers for arranging this. I've been speaking with Bailey and have just posted the laptop back to OCUK minus the extra drive.

Many thanks again for your help - much appreciated as always!

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom