Aorus Owner's Lounge

Associate
Just seen the first review of a v7 laptop - the X3 Plus v7. Can't fathom the decision not to include Thunderbolt 3. I've been waiting with cash ready for either the X5 or the X7 since their announcement and if they turn out not to have it either, I'd be very disappointed. And I'm worried about the trackpad too. Hope I've not been waiting in vain.

Associate
Just seen the first review of a v7 laptop - the X3 Plus v7. Can't fathom the decision not to include Thunderbolt 3. I've been waiting with cash ready for either the X5 or the X7 since their announcement and if they turn out not to have it either, I'd be very disappointed. And I'm worried about the trackpad too. Hope I've not been waiting in vain.

According to OcUK page the X5v7 has TB3 - https://www.overclockers.co.uk/aoru...tel-core-i7-7820hk-gaming-lapt-lt-02m-au.html

Associate
Hi to all, my first post in OcUK.

I've been reading around for a while now, and posting here coz found people more polite and willing to help more than in other forums.

I'm about to renew my oven GS70 2PE by the end of june, and not clear yet if will go for the GS73VR 7RG or the X7 V7.

My question now is, has been any change on the 1440p 120 Hz panel to solve the banding issue?

I read Alienware addressed it by replacing the AUO1096 with the AUO1496, and as per an owner comments, not just the banding is gone, but it also looks better on color accuracy.

Thanks!

Last edited:
AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
Hi to all, my first post in OcUK.

I've been reading around for a while now, and posting here coz found people more polite and willing to help more than in other forums.

I'm about to renew my owen GS70 2PE by the end of june, and not clear yet if will go for the GS73VR 7RG or the X7 V7.

My question now is, has been any change on the 1440p 120 Hz panel to solve the banding issue?

I read Alienware addressed it by replacing the AUO1096 with the AUO1496, and as per an owner comments, not just the banding is gone, but it also looks better on color accuracy.

Thanks!

Hi Lehendario, unable to confirm the exact part number of the panel we will be using at this moment, but yes, the issues that were reported on some panels have now been solved at source (ie the panel manufacturer) so the quality will be what was originally expected.

Hope that clarifies.

Regards,

Team AORUS

Associate
Hi Atom80,

Sorry you are right, only some units had the banding issue, and clearly wasn't an Aorus issue, but AU Optronics.

Crystal clear now, thanks!

Looking forward to see the new machine!

Associate
If you want feedback Atom80 I will say communication is pretty dire.

Aorus forums 2 months still no response.
Aorus facebook 4 Apologies because they can't get an answer not even an estimation.
Here still waiting on a date for the X7 V7 release.
Aorus sales email no reply to 3 emails.

Poor imo especially because this is sales.

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
If you want feedback Atom80 I will say communication is pretty dire.

Aorus forums 2 months still no response.
Aorus facebook 4 Apologies because they can't get an answer not even an estimation.
Here still waiting on a date for the X7 V7 release.
Aorus sales email no reply to 3 emails.

Poor imo especially because this is sales.

Hi Evansd,

We are in Taiwan at the moment, so communication a bit out of sync with OcUK and UK time zone. But thanks for highlighting the areas above - this has been escalated internally and emailed very "directly" from me to HQ team.

In explaining the reasons, it is difficult, and of course we understand the frustration caused, we feel it also - because it is sales, as you said. All of our marketing team in HQ, can only share what they are able to, and of course we don't want to make false commitment that doesn't happen, so we are always "cautious" not to do this.

It is far from perfect, and for me even worse, because I was in CES in Jan, so am VERY aware of how long "WE" have been waiting.

Sincere apologies.

Regards,

Atom80

Associate
I hope you are not earning commission Atom80, I can imagine its very hard to meet sales targets without having the products to sell. You have my sympathies.

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
Some good news, not product related, but still want to share with all.

We have new team member on board, based in HQ, comes with a wealth of tech industry experience and knowledge and today we recruited him to be an extra pair of supporting eyes and ears for AORUS and Gigabyte Customers within the OcUK forum community.

So please be introduced to and welcome our additional Vendor Rep @AORUS - Mean Machine

He is one scary looking dude, so of course we will not impose any photo's upon you sensitive souls :)

Have a great weekend and we look forward to posting some news and photos during our time in Computex.

Regards,

Team AORUS

Hola a todos, bonjour à tous, 你好, tere, hej allesamman - or "hello everyone".

I am indeed here to protect and to serve. Or something along those lines. The idea is that I'll be keeping an eye out and as I'm sitting literally metres away from the engineers at AORUS HQ I can take your feedback straight to them, rather than referring you to official channels.

This is a bit of a side quest of mine, so I'll "only" be checking in a couple of times a week, but in case of tech issues, product feedback or just general ideas related to our products, don't hesitate to tag me in your posts.

Associate

I am indeed here to protect and to serve. Or something along those lines. The idea is that I'll be keeping an eye out and as I'm sitting literally metres away from the engineers at AORUS HQ I can take your feedback straight to them, rather than referring you to official channels.

This is a bit of a side quest of mine, so I'll "only" be checking in a couple of times a week, but in case of tech issues, product feedback or just general ideas related to our products, don't hesitate to tag me in your posts.

Welcome to the forums @AORUS - Mean Machine !!

Associate

Welcome. We would like some release dates myself X7 V7 please

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
Welcome. We would like some release dates myself X7 V7 please

Hi Evansd - we are all very busy with Computex preparations and hosting the event Tues-Fri, but when we return to UK, we will set products up and will have ETA for you.

Thanks for you patience and understanding guys.....

Regards,

Team AORUS

Associate
Hi Evansd - we are all very busy with Computex preparations and hosting the event Tues-Fri, but when we return to UK, we will set products up and will have ETA for you.

Thanks for you patience and understanding guys.....

Regards

Team AORUS

Your busy... Not to worry I purchased a different brand regards.

Back
Top Bottom