Aorus Owner's Lounge

Associate
Hi all,
I have a x5 v7 and also have a question :) on the Thunderbolt 3 dock - would it be possible to use it for multiple monitors (i.e for gaming) - so that HDMI is output through TB3, not being directly connected to the hdmi on the laptop? will the full power of laptop's 1070 be utilized in this scenario? How about GSync functioning?
Also - the power situation question - the laptop would have to be connected to its regular power brick, correct? Should a dock be connected to external power supply a well? What would be your recommendations?

For the clarity - this is not the external GPU dock, but a connecting dock, so that the laptop could be easily detached by unpluggin TB3 (and power) only.

Any general tips for the TB3 dock would be appricated too!
Many thanks!

1. cuz there's only one DDI injected on TBT3 so it could support only one external monitor which features DP protocol (HDMI protocol is not supported on TBT3)
2. If you wanna enable G-Sync support on external monitor you need to connect to the laptop via HDMI

Associate
Hi @Atom80
I bought a X7 DT about a year ago and one of the hinges seems to have come un-stuck, it separates the front panel from the screen unless manually held together during opening and closing. is this likely a quick fix that just needs some glue that can be done without sending the laptop in?

Cheers

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
Hi @Atom80
I bought a X7 DT about a year ago and one of the hinges seems to have come un-stuck, it separates the front panel from the screen unless manually held together during opening and closing. is this likely a quick fix that just needs some glue that can be done without sending the laptop in?

Cheers

Hi @Rob_215 - from the sound of it, it would need to go into the repair centre to be fixed properly - not sure if hinge / panel or all parts would need replacing, and wouldn't advise you to glue it.....

They should be able to turn around the repair quickly, but would be worth checking with them that thy have the parts on hand before arranging collection.

Here are the contact details:

GIGABYTE Authorized Service Partner
Address: MendIT Ltd Unit 1 Magnesium Court Burnley Bridge Industrial Estate Burnley Lancashire England BB12 7BF

Technical Support: 08442449999

Email: [email protected]

Let us know if any problems or questions.

Regards,

Team AORUS

Associate
I want to thank Overclockers Aorus Team for an amazing service
They sent me a new power brick and it fixed my issue (my original power brick would just shut down when playing games)
Even though I didn't buy the laptop from OC
Really thanks, It was annoying to discover that gigabyte closed its Israeli support this year so I thought I will not be able to get any.
But fast response in this forum and the support team here and I finally can play my x7 dt to the max

THANK you

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
I want to thank Overclockers Aorus Team for an amazing service
They sent me a new power brick and it fixed my issue (my original power brick would just shut down when playing games)
Even though I didn't buy the laptop from OC
Really thanks, It was annoying to discover that gigabyte closed its Israeli support this year so I thought I will not be able to get any.
But fast response in this forum and the support team here and I finally can play my x7 dt to the max

THANK you

Hi @Ido Panski - Glad we could assist with sorting this out for you.

Hope you continue to enjoy your product, and thanks for choosing AORUS.

Regards,

Team AORUS

Associate
Just thought that I might chip in and say that Aorus's warranty is first class; my X5 was collected and returned in working order within a week. However, the condition that it was returned to me was less than desired. The service contractor (MendIT) - in this particular instance - could have handled the repair in a more professional manner. I probably got assigned an engineer who was having a bad day.....

With regard to communication and arranging for a warranty repair in the first place, Atom80's assistance in the matter is second to none! It was very much appreciated!

Associate
Hi Aorus owners,
I've recently bought my 2nd machine from OCUK, an x5v8 and overall, I'm pretty impressed with it. I wanted something lighter for travelling the world and this certainly is!!
I was wondering if some of you super tech people could advise me on something to do with the BIOS settings? I'm wanting to 'Delete' the 'Secure Boot' facility so I am able to dual boot with Win7 Pro and Win10 Pro. I have read on a view threads elsewhere on the net, there is a possibility of screwing up the BIOS totally if I do this. Have any of you come across this with the Aorus machines, and is it as drastic as some make out if I do delete the Secure Boot?
Thank you in Advance
Nigel

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
Hi Aorus owners,
I've recently bought my 2nd machine from OCUK, an x5v8 and overall, I'm pretty impressed with it. I wanted something lighter for travelling the world and this certainly is!!
I was wondering if some of you super tech people could advise me on something to do with the BIOS settings? I'm wanting to 'Delete' the 'Secure Boot' facility so I am able to dual boot with Win7 Pro and Win10 Pro. I have read on a view threads elsewhere on the net, there is a possibility of screwing up the BIOS totally if I do this. Have any of you come across this with the Aorus machines, and is it as drastic as some make out if I do delete the Secure Boot?
Thank you in Advance
Nigel

Hi @nbillo - post forwarded to tech team, we will post reply when we have guidance for you.

Regards,

Team AORUS

Associate
Hi Aorus owners,
Thank you in Advance
Nigel
Should be no problem of doing so - I mean disable the secure boot
but as I know you could just keep the BIOS to legacy mode and there's should be no problem of Win 10 OS booting
You could take a search online about how to install Win7 & Win10 simultaneously - should be the same way on X5
Just press F2 or DEL to get into the BIOS

Associate
Should be no problem of doing so - I mean disable the secure boot
but as I know you could just keep the BIOS to legacy mode and there's should be no problem of Win 10 OS booting
You could take a search online about how to install Win7 & Win10 simultaneously - should be the same way on X5
Just press F2 or DEL to get into the BIOS
Hi @ baloney,
My X5 V8 doesn't have a legacy mode in the BIOS, in fact, I don't think Aorus has a legacy mode in their laptops anymore which is why I've asked about disabling the secure boot. I might be mistaken here but my last two machines didn't. I could only see the facility to disable the secure boot. I've done some checking on line, and the only way I can get Windows 7 Pro installed, is to remove this secure boot facility, hence my question. Unless of course, you can tell me otherwise!
Regards
Nigel

Associate
Hi @ baloney,
My X5 V8 doesn't have a legacy mode in the BIOS, in fact, I don't think Aorus has a legacy mode in their laptops anymore which is why I've asked about disabling the secure boot. I might be mistaken here but my last two machines didn't. I could only see the facility to disable the secure boot. I've done some checking on line, and the only way I can get Windows 7 Pro installed, is to remove this secure boot facility, hence my question. Unless of course, you can tell me otherwise!
Regards
Nigel

You could delete all Secure Booth variable under Security in BIOS, or restore WIN7 Default under Save & Exit

Associate
Hi for 16G one I will suggest G-SKILL F4-2666C18S-16GRS or V COLOR TN416G26D819-SB

Cool ty, unfortunately im unable to find the v color anywhere on the net, I am able to find the G-SKILL but not on the OcUK site.

Question about the g-skill im thinking of getting the 32GB set,could i run it with the current installed memory to increase to 48GB? or best to stick to 1 type of memory stick?

Also any chance of gettting this through OCUK, i bought the laptop through these guys I'd like to get the memory if possible? Or who do i need to speak to about this?

@baloney
@Atom80

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom