AORUS X5 V7 Release Date?

Associate
OP
2218431.jpg

Associate
OP
Currently working in London all week on my own....just spent 2.5hrs aimlessly wandering. I hold you personally responsible Atom80....feel my pain

Associate
@waldaize just thought id let you know i saw this mentioned elsewhere. On official forums from someone asking about north american release dates. Of course this might not refer to all models/regions... but its looking like we could be in for a bit more of a wait :(

aorus.png

I share the pain etc. i still remember when we first talked about buying the x5 v7s here at the office :p

Associate
When atom80 wrote on 31st of January that the v7 will "likely to be a few weeks yet" I waited. Now I got incredibly bored with waiting and since I don't see that it will be released within a reasonable timespan I intend to buy another computer. Is there anything comparable to the X7 v7 on the market now?

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
OK, so as promised, we have now got the first 3 models of "AORUS X5 V7" ranged and live on OcUK web-site (for pre-order):

Check them out here: AORUS X5 KabyLake Range

More details on the upgrades and improvements will be highlighted again soon, but the obvious ones are:
  • 7th Gen CPU
  • Thunderbolt 3
  • True island design keyboard (individual keys come through chassis, not one large whole for entire keyboard unit) - rigidity improved
  • Air Intake Vents on keyboard face of chassis - enabling improved cooling
  • Power button lit I white not orange
  • AORUS name on screen bezel
wYMtuOh.jpg
iQKqAOa.jpg
XLJEQCo.jpg
r3HDff6.jpg
We trust this answers some of your enquiries, and once again sorry for the delays,

Have a good weekend all,

Regards,

Team AORUS

Associate
A few questions regarding the x5:
- what are the RAM sticks that ship with the x5 cf3? I'd like to add another two.
- Are there really three fully fledged PCIe SSD slots?
- If yes can I do fancy stuff like raid5 or is only raid0 with two ssd supported?
- What's the SSD that ships with the cf3?

Also, I really hope that there is an ETA available. I pre-ordered pretty soon, so I assume I'm in the first batch. If the laptop can't be shipped until the end of June I will definitely have to find an alternative laptop.

I find the general Aorus communication really confusing to say the least.

Associate
- what are the RAM sticks that ship with the x5 cf3? I'd like to add another two.
- If yes can I do fancy stuff like raid5 or is only raid0 with two ssd supported?

Also, I really hope that there is an ETA available. I pre-ordered pretty soon, so I assume I'm in the first batch. If the laptop can't be shipped until the end of June I will definitely have to find an alternative laptop.

I would also like to know the answer to these questions, although I'm interested in know about the RAM in the CF1. I'd also like to know if the slots that are pre-installed are the ones on rear of the motherboard (i.e the difficult to get to side) so any upgrade would be straight forward, this is obviously subject to the V7 having a similar internal layout to the v6?

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep

I would also like to know the answer to these questions, although I'm interested in know about the RAM in the CF1. I'd also like to know if the slots that are pre-installed are the ones on rear of the motherboard (i.e the difficult to get to side) so any upgrade would be straight forward, this is obviously subject to the V7 having a similar internal layout to the v6?

Hi FLux42,

Here is the information you requested:

- what are the RAM sticks that ship with the x5 cf3? I'd like to add another two: There will be 2 x 8GB ram module, with 2 pare slots
- Are there really three fully fledged PCIe SSD slots? : YES there are 3 :)
- If yes can I do fancy stuff like raid5 or is only raid0 with two ssd supported? : Chipset is HM175, and supports RAID 0, 1, 5 and 10
- What's the SSD that ships with the cf3? : We can't confirm 100% until the product is actually built and has serial number to check, but we will use for the most part Samsung SM961, followed by Toshiba and Lite-on being the other "possible" brands used if there is supply problem on the Samsung SSD.

Hope that helps.

Can you confirm, is pre-order placed with OCUK? We will push for swift delivery on all 3 versions.

Also - sorry too hear this comment: "I find the general Aorus communication really confusing to say the least" - is this based on what you read on OcUK forums, where we aim to provide clear information, or do you mean in the wider on-line world, maybe from our central marketing, or something else? We always try to improve, so any feedback gratefully received.

Hi darkbbright,

In answer to your question, you are correct, our default build process will install the 2 x 8GB ram modules on the side of motherboard under the keyboard (difficult to reach after build), leaving the 2 slots on the easily accessible underside of the machine free for upgrading with two more modules.

Hope that clarifies.

Regards,

Team AORUS

Associate
Hi Atom80,

Thank you very much for your quick reply!
I can confirm that I pre-ordered with OcUK. If you wish I can PM you my order number. I really hope to get this laptop as my next machine as it looks truly amazing.

My comment about the Aorus communication was mainly targeted at the "official" Aorus channels on aorus.com. An official announcement as to the product development timeline would have been nice after the announcement at CES back in February. Also it felt weird pre-ordering a laptop which according to the Aorus website did not exist yet (I think they just updated their product page this week) and without having the slightest idea as to when it will ship. In my opinion aorus.com should be THE place where the relevant (and verified!) information should be channeled instead of having potential buyers hunt for shady information all around the internet. I think I found about a dozen different "release dates" ranging from March to July for the x5.

On the other hand you seem to be really present on this forum which is also one of the reasons I decided to place my order here :)

Best regards

Last edited:
AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
Hi Atom80,

Thank you very much for your quick reply!
I can confirm that I pre-ordered with OcUK. If you wish I can PM you my order number. I really hope to get this laptop as my next machine as it looks truly amazing.

My comment about the Aorus communication was mainly targeted at the "official" Aorus channels on aorus.com. An official announcement as to the product development timeline would have been nice after the announcement at CES back in February. Also it felt weird pre-ordering a laptop which according to the Aorus website did not exist yet (I think they just updated their product page this week) and without having the slightest idea as to when it will ship. In my opinion aorus.com should be THE place where the relevant (and verified!) information should be channeled instead of having potential buyers hunt for shady information all around the internet. I think I found about a dozen different "release dates" ranging from March to July for the x5.

On the other hand you seem to be really present on this forum which is also one of the reasons I decided to place my order here :)

Best regards

Hi FLux42,

Agree with your feedback and it has been communicated "firmly" to HQ team today.

We are trying to improve, and thanks for comments regarding our support here, appreciated.

No need to send order number, but can you confirm which product you have ordered, then we will confirm the ETA.

What we do know, is this product that will arrive first, within next week to 10 days:

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/aoru...el-core-i7-7820hk-gaming-lapto-lt-02l-au.html

Fingers crossed.

Thanks,

Team AORUS

Back
Top Bottom