1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Apex Legends (rumoured Titanfall BR Game)

Discussion in 'Console Games & Hardware' started by kinger8938, Feb 4, 2019.

1. kinger8938

Sgarrista

Apparently set for a reveal today. Titanfall Lead has been teasing it on Twitter and various big names in streaming have already had hands on with the game that is said to be another take on Battle royale set in the Titanfall universe.

Said to be free to play too. Should have official footage later today ;)

Link to Vinces' tweet

https://twitter.com/VinceZampella/status/1092293184435060736?s=19

Check the hashtag #Apexpartners for streamers discussing the product

2. r3d zombie

Mobster

huh, neat. thought they were making a Star Wars game.

3. kdd

Mobster

Titanfall 2 was a very playable shooter just as a boots on the ground tdm style game, bodes well for a blackout style game

4. kinger8938

Sgarrista

Really don't know what to expect! Reveal is today not sure if it's live to play today? Some hints at that being the case
    It seems hero based too, not really sure how that would work it it's a BR game

5. sja360

Mobster

From what I heard it's not including titans at all? Hope that's not true otherwise it's a missed opportunity tbh.

6. kinger8938

Sgarrista

Tbh I'm ok with that. But only because I get overwhelmed when in a titan to a point that I just ignore that aspect lately and just stay on the ground

The movement and shooting feel in general would be great though

7. r3d zombie

Mobster

reveal stream starts at 8pm

8. kdd

Mobster

Tried it, it's pretty good has the typical BR loot system and is currently 3 man squads only, you can bring back dead teammates if you grab their tags

9. kinger8938

Sgarrista

It's focus on squad play is a huge turn off to me as someone who rarely groups up online etc.

I was also expecting the Titanfall style movement system, but that's not made it in. Bit of a shame. The reveal trailer was really cringy too. Just characters throwing punchlines out left right and centre, very cringy imo :D

Either way it's early well made but first Impressions fell a little flat for me

10. scrivz69

Wise Guy

Just had a game and it crashed with s server error after 1 min lol.

11. budge1972

Wise Guy

Very smooth experience on PC and Xbox. I think I'll mainly play on Xbox as i bought the starter pack and also i have EA access so it automatically gave me an extra 1000 coins.
    I really like the game although I'm not very clued up on Battle Royale games

12. biron_w

Sgarrista

I played a few games last night. I really like it and I don't usually like BR games.
    It looks nice, runs well and it's nice and quick. It's certainly better than Blackout.

13. kinger8938

Sgarrista

Considering it went live for all at the same time, I think it worked really well!

Look at the Anthem VIP beta by comparison. A game that was invite only, and it crashed all of EA's Servers for some time

They did a good job with this

14. Plainsong

Soldato

I'm going to get it later and give it a go. Looks like it could be good.

15. billysielu

Capodecina

I'm the opposite. Our group is 5 people. A party size of 3 means 2 people would be benched or have to pick up a random player.

16. Plainsong

Soldato

I will just play solo with randoms.

17. budge1972

Wise Guy

I always do, and last night I got lots of abuse for not reviving some team mates due to being a noob lol. The game had only been available for 1/2 an hour and I was the only noob haha

18. kinger8938

Sgarrista

Yeah that's what i did but this feels aimed at teamwork more than the average squad based shooter. Will give it more time though

19. VincentHanna

Capodecina

There's a song on the menu which sounds very much like Fatboy Slim - Right here, right now.

20. sparkymark75

Wise Guy

The game’s been live a day. When does the loot go live? Played a few games so far and all I find is shotguns and pistols. Hard to enjoy it when you’re getting wasted in every fire fight!