Apple are charging £129 / £159 for a TB4 cable

Soldato
They're active cables, the 1.8m one doesn't make much sense but the 3m one is the only 3m Thunderbolt 4 cable out there.

Reactions: LiE
Soldato
Offered without further comment:

How many of them did you buy ? :cry::cry::cry:

I bought one of these quest cables a while ago :o:o:o

Last edited:

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
If you go over 1m you need an active cable to get the full spec, the Anker is a passive cable under 1m hence the price. You can get good branded active cables over 1m for about £50. Apple is overpriced but then all their accessories are.

Eg

Cable Matters [Intel Certified] 40Gbps Active Thunderbolt 4 Cable 2 m with 100W Charging and 8K Video - Fully Compatible with USB C/USB-C, USB 4 / USB4, and Thunderbolt 3 https://amzn.eu/d/cjkBB9r

Last edited:
Commissario
Offered without further comment:
Anker one for £35!
The Anker cable is less than 1m. The Apple one is 1.8m. When it comes to TB4, they're expensive cables.

And it's widely accepted as being a decent value cable.

Teardown of the cable here which really makes it more clear - It's six minutes but well worth a watch. I remember looking at this when these cables were first introduced, it's quite incredible what goes into them.

The profit margin will be insane. Probably got a cost price of a fiver.
See that second video I've linked.

It can handle 250W in both directions!

Soldato
The Anker cable is less than 1m. The Apple one is 1.8m. When it comes to TB4, they're expensive cables.

And it's widely accepted as being a decent value cable.

Teardown of the cable here which really makes it more clear - It's six minutes but well worth a watch. I remember looking at this when these cables were first introduced, it's quite incredible what goes into them.

See that second video I've linked.

It can handle 250W in both directions!

Alright you’ve convinced me, £10 ;)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom