** Apple Media Event - March 7th **

Age - because making spec comparisons is a very immature pastime. I already said a few posts back that if this is your first iPad purchase then I don't have a problem with that. I do however think that to trade in the current iPad for what's on offer in The New iPad is quite frankly barmy and for someone with my usage i.e browsing, emails and mirroring it's a non starter. It's just my opinion and I'm not about to change it.

Barmy? :confused:

Your 'opinion' is bizarre to say the least.

Age - because making spec comparisons is a very immature pastime. I already said a few posts back that if this is your first iPad purchase then I don't have a problem with that. I do however think that to trade in the current iPad for what's on offer in The New iPad is quite frankly barmy and for someone with my usage i.e browsing, emails and mirroring it's a non starter. It's just my opinion and I'm not about to change it.

:D:D:D Funniest thing I think I've ever read on OCUK. Please, please, please tell me how you learn about new products without looking at the specs.

You're honestly telling me you wouldn't know if an intels better than an amd cpu? or if a samsung monitor is better than a benq?

How do you know the differences between the iPad 2 and the new one just out of interest :confused:

I do however think that to trade in the current iPad for what's on offer in The New iPad is quite frankly barmy and for someone with my usage i.e browsing, emails and mirroring it's a non starter.

Well if you managed to get a good price on your iPad prior to release I'm not sure that's barmy is it?

e.g. I only used my iPad 2 32GB for browsing, emails, reading pdfs/books and streaming media and I sold it a few weeks ago for £375. I've recently bought the new iPad (16GB though) as the screen is better suited to my usage. Not much of an outlay to cough up really. Only paid £361 for the iPad 2 back in September so I've been kind of lucky.

Was a good opportunity to go from a white iPad (urgh), back to a black iPad as well.

Last edited:
I do however think that to trade in the current iPad for what's on offer in The New iPad is quite frankly barmy and for someone with my usage i.e browsing, emails and mirroring it's a non starter. It's just my opinion and I'm not about to change it.

Depends what you use your device for. The higher resolution screen will help immensely with certain things, but not others.

Personally I wanted upgrade to more capacity and 3G connectivity so made sense to wait and do so when the iPad3 was released.

:D:D:D Funniest thing I think I've ever read on OCUK. Please, please, please tell me how you learn about new products without looking at the specs.

You're honestly telling me you wouldn't know if an intels better than an amd cpu? or if a samsung monitor is better than a benq?

How do you know the differences between the iPad 2 and the new one just out of interest :confused:

No I do of course read the product details but I don't use them in a pi***ng contest of mines better than yours as so many people seem to do. That is what I mean by immature.

No I do of course read the product details but I don't use them in a pi***ng contest of mines better than yours as so many people seem to do. That is what I mean by immature.

Erm, since when has anyone done that about the new iPad? It is categorically a better machine that iPad 2. Just because you have no requirement for these upgrades doesn't make this redundant and irrelevant. When did anyone make it a ******* contest? :confused: Chill out...

Dont buy it then?!

I really dont see the issue here.

Everyone has a point whereby they can justify every purchase they make.

I have an original ipad and the ipad 2 didnt do it for me, the new one did so i ordered one, its as simple as that. But its my choice TBH.

Yep I think I'm with those like has been mentioned on the BBC Click programme today - muted and less than enthusiastic response to the launch was I think the words the reporter used. It could have been so much better and one can only assume they are saving the goodies in order to try to squeeze more money out of the buyers in another 12 months time.

As I said previously, horses for courses, however, for my usage there is certainly nothing that I could benefit from this time around so will happily stick with iPad 2.

Yep I think I'm with those like has been mentioned on the BBC Click programme today - muted and less than enthusiastic response to the launch was I think the words the reporter used. It could have been so much better and one can only assume they are saving the goodies in order to try to squeeze more money out of the buyers in another 12 months time.

As I said previously, horses for courses, however, for my usage there is certainly nothing that I could benefit from this time around so will happily stick with iPad 2.

Obviously you are just seeing what you want to see, as almost all tech websites have been pretty ecstatic about the screen as it's such a huge improvement.

It could have been 'so much better' - how?! :confused:

Obviously you are just seeing what you want to see, as almost all tech websites have been pretty ecstatic about the screen as it's such a huge improvement.

The programme and press reports already allude to this. Perhaps you are not seeing what others can?

The programme and press reports already allude to this. Perhaps you are not seeing what others can?

Nope, it's not that. It seems to have been extremely well received so far.

You didn't answer my question about how it could have been better...

Nope, it's not that. It seems to have been extremely well received so far.

You didn't answer my question about how it could have been better...

I'm in agreement with you , however playing devils advocate edge to edge screen now that would be worth an upgrade

As it is a HD screen is more then enough of reason for me to upgrade from my 1 ;)

I'm in agreement with you , however playing devils advocate edge to edge screen now that would be worth an upgrade

As it is a HD screen is more then enough of reason for me to upgrade from my 1 ;)

You need the bezel, where the hell do you put your thumbs? A super skinny bezel would make it less comfortable to use and you'd almost certainly loose battery life.

Guys, Ignore faustus he's just trolling

He's made it quite clear he has no intention of buying one. Why he spends so much time in this thread (especially on a Sunday with glorious weather) is beyond me :confused:

The iPad is better than the iPad 2 and for the same money. Think about all the people who don't have an iPad 2. They will get more for their money.

I have an ipad2 and the family love it, it gets well used every day but I see no reason to upgrade yet.

The iPad has just got even better and I would recommend it to anyone, over other tablets

I'd drop it. The iPad 3 is going to break sales records and push Apple's revenues, yet again, but Faust won't be around for us to put egg on his face.

It could be quad core. Nay, it could be six/eight core, I'm sure Apple have the resources. It could have a larger screen. It could have a 3d display. It could have removable storage. It could have a 50MP camera. It could have NFC. It could dual boot Android. It could make toast. Clearly the list of potential 'game changing' features that Faustus might have wanted is endless.

Obviously this is not the pinnacle of human technology. Obviously Apple have more up their sleeve that will be in the next iteration. That doesn't mean that this is therefore a disappointment. Unbelievable...

Back
Top Bottom