Apple owners strange behaviour

Soldato
Like most owners I love my Apple kit. However, I do think some of us take things just a tad to far. I am referring to some well known Apple web forums where the tiniest banal snippet of information is seized on like life itself depended on it.

In the last few day I have seen so called secret photos of how the walls of the WDC event will adorned. Then you have so called 'mock ups' of how the back panel of the next iPhone might look or such things as 'scoop' photo of shiny 3 millimetre screw rumoured for use in iPad iPhone or something similar. I made up the bit about the shiny screw, though I'm sure you know the sort of things I'm talking about.

Who gives a rats bum about such things? If this is what makes your world go round then you have to be pitied. I would go as far as to say it actually damages the brand as the rest of the population must think Apple owners are total saddos.

Soldato
OP
not a mac guy, so i'll confess to having noticed this from a few mac folk i know. on the other hand there's a few folk who are just normal people with macs.

like all things there are fanboys then there are fanboys

edit: see the cpu forum for further reading as to this not exclusively affecting mac users

As I said, I love my Apple kit, mainly because I think they are beautifully crafted and designed, plus they really do 'just work'.

However, that's where my infatuation begins and ends. When the day dawns where I get excited about 'possible camera housing' or 'back panel' mock up, then that's the day I will voluntarily book myself into some sort of secure unit.

Soldato
OP
You're posting this on a PC hardware enthusiast forum... really?

Similar things happen in all aspects of technology really, phone leaks (from all brands), interest, hype, etc.

It goes a little further with Apple sometimes because they're so big and so popular, but it's nothing really special.

I just think Apple owners have taken this to a whole new level. The main culprits appear to be our friends across the water. Take a peek at the MR site for a taster.

Soldato
OP
Read the comments sections on YouTube videos and you'll see the Android "fanboys" out in force.

It exists everywhere, it depends where you look really. MacRumors, XDA, tech, cars...they're all as bad as each other, just in different camps.

It's a huge reason why I only post on OcUK now, rational and mature conversation!

You're probably right, though when I look on MR I just think how sad that someone has gone to the trouble of actually posting photos and included a number of paragraphs about something that's not even a real product etc.

I must be out of step with the modern world, but if this is how it is then on balance I would rather I stayed that way.

Soldato
OP
I think reading a line by line blow of the WWDC self congratulation event makes my point so much better than I. Lines like Tim says and then crowd whoop is cringeworthy stuff by any ones measurement. These audiences are so anal, or is it an American trait?

Soldato
OP
You must live under quite a miserable rock but surely everyone knows that Americans 'woop and holler' - you would implode with rage watching a film in an American cinema.

Your posts remind me of the 'atheists' in GD. :D

I pretty happy and relaxed with my rock thank you. Whatever happened to restrained polite applause?

Soldato
OP
If you thing the WWDC crowd were a little rowdy, never ever go to any sporting event held in the USA.

You might like Sweden though, as a friend of mine watching a football match on TV in a bar there was asked to leave after cheering when his team scored a goal.

Sounds like my sort of place. Why neither need or want this type of childish school yard behaviour.

Soldato
OP
The excitement is built up by Apple's secrecy on new products. This means it gets publicised more and people make money from trying to guess what they're going to come up with next.

For Apple it's free advertising, which is why they keep the secrecy.

But why? most folk go into a store, have a browse at what's new, have a think about it and then make a purchase or leave the store.

Soldato
OP
I think to be fair though that if we are talking about a scale for ease of use out of the box, product reliability along with security, then Apple would be high up most consumers list. I don't think that is a false perception either.

One of the things that helps Apple in this respect is its closed nature along with manufacturing oversight by Apple, whilst conversely it's what harms Windows. This open nature is also now an issue for the likes of Android too.

Back
Top Bottom