Apple owners strange behaviour

Soldato
I think reading a line by line blow of the WWDC self congratulation event makes my point so much better than I. Lines like Tim says and then crowd whoop is cringeworthy stuff by any ones measurement. These audiences are so anal, or is it an American trait?

It's just an Americanism.

Soldato
OP
You must live under quite a miserable rock but surely everyone knows that Americans 'woop and holler' - you would implode with rage watching a film in an American cinema.

Your posts remind me of the 'atheists' in GD. :D

I pretty happy and relaxed with my rock thank you. Whatever happened to restrained polite applause?

Soldato
If you thing the WWDC crowd were a little rowdy, never ever go to any sporting event held in the USA.

You might like Sweden though, as a friend of mine watching a football match on TV in a bar there was asked to leave after cheering when his team scored a goal.

Caporegime
Seems like a really poor attempt at baiting. This sort of "strange behaviour" described in the OP is rife literally everywhere with every product, not something limited to purely Apple products.

Soldato
I hate the wooing and cheering after (what seems like) every single sentence!!! If I went to a conference (I work in Microbiology) and did that... People would think I'm crazy!!! (Well more crazy than I am now!)

I'm also not a fan of people who can't see apple's flaws... (however, you can still really appreciate and buy into all the apple hype etc... just so long as you know the limitations as a whole even though they might not affect you, or might even be a bonus towards you).

Soldato
Curiously though, for every fanboy there's a person with irrational hatred of the brand.

I will admit this was, and to some degree still it, me :D

I detest the iPhones, mainly due to their price. For what they are, essentially a telephone, they're overpriced and waayyy to expensive.

Saying that, I've just bought an iPad Mini for my wife. After using a Galaxy Tab 3, the iPad was infinitely better. Quicker, easier to use and reliable.

I now see the appeal of the Apple products and wouldn't hesitate to get a phone, but no way near the current prices. Maybe the first gen :)

Associate
At least they're being rabid fanboys about a successful product, look how many people spend days of their lives talking about the Surface.

made me chuckle :p - every brand has a following some are more passionate than others, sites like MR and others (as the name suggests) are heavily focused on reporting Apple talk so any bit of meaningless info to an outsider is like gold dust to a self confessed "fanboy" :D

Soldato
I will admit this was, and to some degree still it, me :D

I detest the iPhones, mainly due to their price. For what they are, essentially a telephone, they're overpriced and waayyy to expensive.

Saying that, I've just bought an iPad Mini for my wife. After using a Galaxy Tab 3, the iPad was infinitely better. Quicker, easier to use and reliable.

I now see the appeal of the Apple products and wouldn't hesitate to get a phone, but no way near the current prices. Maybe the first gen :)

If you are just using it as a telephone then yes, it is quite expensive :p

Soldato
I agree with all of the above except the final part, it just works... I find a lot of things to be totally backwards!

I do own a few Apple items, iPhone 5s, Haswell MBA, iPad mini retina, 2010 iMac and a few other things...

The iMac my wife uses and I like the MBA for the size, weight and battery life.

I work with someone with this strange behaviour, infact he almost got violent when I had a conversation with him about Apple kit, he asked why did I bother with buying a MBA if I find something off with the OS, I said that I installed W7 on it... and he went mental!! (I use OSX, it was just funny to get the reaction)

I agree....OSX most certainly doesn't "just work".

I am typing this on my 27" iMac - while running Windows 8.1

:D

Soldato
I think OSX is amazing and (IMO) is leaps and bounds ahead of Windows... My productivity is much better and never had anything go wrong*

(*a few things here and there obviously but nothing compared to my 10+ years with windows).

Associate
I've been accused of having an irrational hatred of Apple stuff in the past.

I own an iPod & a rMBP but not an iPhone so I don't think I'm dead set against them - but I do tend to get annoyed how often I'm told I should replace my phone with an iPhone as it 'just works' or similar. I like my rMBP, it's pretty and fairly light, but it's crashed a fair few times, doesn't like me pushing it hard and has some behavioural quirks that I don't really like (I know that is the OS not the Mac, but they are close enough to one and the same for the purpose of the discussion). Having said all of that, I still use it over my windows laptop most days, but prefer my desktop to either.

The reason Apple has so many haters is that Apple fans are so voluble in repeating the advertising material Apple gives them, regardless of if it is true or not, while as a company Apple likes to push the boundaries of what they can get away with in their adverts. I hear Android fans are getting towards being as bad, have yet to see it but then I try to avoid reddit, youtube comments etc.

Edit: And they are overpriced/expensive (if people pay it, it's clearly not too much!) - look at Apples published profit margins to see that. It's not all 'paying for quality' nor are their devices the most reliable out there - certainly in the upper segment though.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Pretty much every laptop that isn't a MacBook is either terrible, or costs more than the equivalent MacBook. I struggle to find a better value laptop.

Soldato
Not sure if srs or really bad troll...

He's right

You find me a better laptop which isn't more expensive.....you can't

Everyone bangs on about apple being so expensive, but when you try and find an equivalent model cheaper, they don't exist. I know this because I tried when buying my retina pro

Back
Top Bottom