Apple owners strange behaviour

Soldato
Like most owners I love my Apple kit. However, I do think some of us take things just a tad to far. I am referring to some well known Apple web forums where the tiniest banal snippet of information is seized on like life itself depended on it.

In the last few day I have seen so called secret photos of how the walls of the WDC event will adorned. Then you have so called 'mock ups' of how the back panel of the next iPhone might look or such things as 'scoop' photo of shiny 3 millimetre screw rumoured for use in iPad iPhone or something similar. I made up the bit about the shiny screw, though I'm sure you know the sort of things I'm talking about.

Who gives a rats bum about such things? If this is what makes your world go round then you have to be pitied. I would go as far as to say it actually damages the brand as the rest of the population must think Apple owners are total saddos.

Soldato
not a mac guy, so i'll confess to having noticed this from a few mac folk i know. on the other hand there's a few folk who are just normal people with macs.

like all things there are fanboys then there are fanboys

edit: see the cpu forum for further reading as to this not exclusively affecting mac users

Soldato
OP
not a mac guy, so i'll confess to having noticed this from a few mac folk i know. on the other hand there's a few folk who are just normal people with macs.

like all things there are fanboys then there are fanboys

edit: see the cpu forum for further reading as to this not exclusively affecting mac users

As I said, I love my Apple kit, mainly because I think they are beautifully crafted and designed, plus they really do 'just work'.

However, that's where my infatuation begins and ends. When the day dawns where I get excited about 'possible camera housing' or 'back panel' mock up, then that's the day I will voluntarily book myself into some sort of secure unit.

Associate
As I said, I love my Apple kit, mainly because I think they are beautifully crafted and designed, plus they really do 'just work'.

I agree with all of the above except the final part, it just works... I find a lot of things to be totally backwards!

I do own a few Apple items, iPhone 5s, Haswell MBA, iPad mini retina, 2010 iMac and a few other things...

The iMac my wife uses and I like the MBA for the size, weight and battery life.

I work with someone with this strange behaviour, infact he almost got violent when I had a conversation with him about Apple kit, he asked why did I bother with buying a MBA if I find something off with the OS, I said that I installed W7 on it... and he went mental!! (I use OSX, it was just funny to get the reaction)

Man of Honour
You're posting this on a PC hardware enthusiast forum... really?

Similar things happen in all aspects of technology really, phone leaks (from all brands), interest, hype, etc.

It goes a little further with Apple sometimes because they're so big and so popular, but it's nothing really special.

Soldato
Curiously though, for every fanboy there's a person with irrational hatred of the brand.

yin and yang, oh es ecks sums it up quite well [in his post, not the link], its just apple seem to have mastered the art of brand loyalty slightly too well.

macs are well built, but you do pay for it. and i'm not sure myself if i could spend such a large sum on a laptop given the lack of spares/upgradeability in a world where obsoletion is so swift [that applies to any laptop though].

wouldn't mind a mac, but i have to use software thats windows only based, and i cant afford the spec i'd want to then sustain even a 6-8 year replacement cycle.

Soldato
OP
You're posting this on a PC hardware enthusiast forum... really?

Similar things happen in all aspects of technology really, phone leaks (from all brands), interest, hype, etc.

It goes a little further with Apple sometimes because they're so big and so popular, but it's nothing really special.

I just think Apple owners have taken this to a whole new level. The main culprits appear to be our friends across the water. Take a peek at the MR site for a taster.

Soldato
I just think Apple owners have taken this to a whole new level. The main culprits appear to be our friends across the water. Take a peek at the MR site for a taster.

Read the comments sections on YouTube videos and you'll see the Android "fanboys" out in force.

It exists everywhere, it depends where you look really. MacRumors, XDA, tech, cars...they're all as bad as each other, just in different camps.

It's a huge reason why I only post on OcUK now, rational and mature conversation!

Soldato
OP
Read the comments sections on YouTube videos and you'll see the Android "fanboys" out in force.

It exists everywhere, it depends where you look really. MacRumors, XDA, tech, cars...they're all as bad as each other, just in different camps.

It's a huge reason why I only post on OcUK now, rational and mature conversation!

You're probably right, though when I look on MR I just think how sad that someone has gone to the trouble of actually posting photos and included a number of paragraphs about something that's not even a real product etc.

I must be out of step with the modern world, but if this is how it is then on balance I would rather I stayed that way.

KIA

KIA

Man of Honour
Who gives a rats bum about such things? If this is what makes your world go round then you have to be pitied. I would go as far as to say it actually damages the brand as the rest of the population must think Apple owners are total saddos.

Marketing. It builds up hype and brings in huge traffic.

Very true.

Caporegime
At least they're being rabid fanboys about a successful product, look how many people spend days of their lives talking about the Surface.

Soldato
I personally don't think there's a better tablet than an iPad, a phone more simple than an iPhone, own a Mac, Timecapsule, etc..

But who cares, I choose what I want. Those that take it to heart how someone thinks differently should be.. shot? ;)

Soldato
OP
I think reading a line by line blow of the WWDC self congratulation event makes my point so much better than I. Lines like Tim says and then crowd whoop is cringeworthy stuff by any ones measurement. These audiences are so anal, or is it an American trait?

Soldato
I like the functionality and robustness of Apple products, yet I own Windows PCs too.

Vehement comments from colleagues and friends about how 'crap' iOS or Apple products are, yet they constantly have problems with their Android devices, or other hardware.

I use them because they work for me, and i've got a vested interest in them having spent a lot in iTunes and the AppStore. I don't go around slating Android users, and I just mind my own business. It is funny how others feel the need to do it against Apple though!

Soldato
I think reading a line by line blow of the WWDC self congratulation event makes my point so much better than I. Lines like Tim says and then crowd whoop is cringeworthy stuff by any ones measurement. These audiences are so anal, or is it an American trait?

You must live under quite a miserable rock but surely everyone knows that Americans 'woop and holler' - you would implode with rage watching a film in an American cinema.

Your posts remind me of the 'atheists' in GD. :D

Back
Top Bottom