Apple Pay Launch - How will it be activated?

Soldato
This might be the way to go, thanks.

/edit - Account set up with Nationwide and process started to move from Barclays. Good shout.

Glad you've managed to sort out your Apple Pay problems Feek. It just goes to show that customer/brand loyalty doesn't get you much these days....it's Barclays loss :cool:

Hope the switch goes smoothly.

Commissario
All done and working - I'm still partway through the official 'switch' process but all my standing orders, direct debits and added payees have already appeared on the new account, I've had my contactless card through, set up Apple Pay and used it on the watch this morning to buy a yoghurt in Waitrose. Happy days!

Soldato
Apple Pay on the Watch is the main thing making me want one, not having to pull out a wallet or phone would be great.

At this point I'll probably wait for the 2nd gen watch though.

Good that you're actually able to use Apple Pay now though Feek.

Soldato
I love using Apple Pay and use it whenever I can but I always feel a bit ashamed as I worry people might think I'm showing off or something.

But I use it quite a lot. I know it's lazy but much easier than taking my wallet and individual card out

Associate
I love using Apple Pay and use it whenever I can but I always feel a bit ashamed as I worry people might think I'm showing off or something.

But I use it quite a lot. I know it's lazy but much easier than taking my wallet and individual card out

I have my debit card in phone case and already use it as "tap and pay" so it's not a huge difference for me as I'm sure it'll be the case for many others as well.

KIA

KIA

Man of Honour
I have my debit card in phone case and already use it as "tap and pay" so it's not a huge difference for me as I'm sure it'll be the case for many others as well.

In JunglistE's case, his card information is protected.

Soldato
Hi

Im a new iPhone user having just purchased an iPhone SE.

Im liking the sound of this Apple Pay feature, just would like to know a few things and anything else I might need to know.

Are the cards you add to apple pay wallet on the phone as secured by just the users touch ID fingerprint?

Also do you all mention "I want to use Apple Pay" to the checkout person or do you just fling out your iPhones and lay it on the card reader thing. Wondering if the till person needs to press some button on the till before the go ahead.

Thanks

Soldato
Only buttons they press on the till is the EFT button - the same for any card payment. There are no "special" buttons for contactless and/or Apple Pay.

Commissario
It's amazing how many people still haven't seen the Apple watch in use - I've already lost count of the number of times I've asked to pay by contactless and then when I've used the watch, they've made a comment along the lines of "wow, haven't seen that done before".

Man of Honour
Ditto, I actually had a guy laugh when I went to put my watch on it, partly because you do look a bit special with some of the wireless systems, you have to twist your arm a bit.

I still always use my phone ahead of my watch though when I can, just so much easier

Soldato
Hi

Are the cards you add to apple pay wallet on the phone as secured by just the users touch ID fingerprint?

The system is totally secure and encrypted. Your actual card details aren't even stored on the phone, just an authorised payment token. This token information is held encrypted within the iPhone's secure element chip. This chip is also used to store the users Touch ID finger print scans.

I'm pretty sure you can also use your phones pin with Apple Pay as well as a backup

You can read about how Apple Pay works - http://www.engadget.com/2014/10/02/apple-pay-an-in-depth-look-at-whats-behind-the-secure-payment/

Back
Top Bottom