Apple Product Recall

Soldato
To add to this, flying yesterday and the airline specifically mentioned this as an issue, one gent had his removed from him as the airline were unwilling to transport it on a plane full of passengers. I guess an exploding 100Wh battery pack in a plane is not the best scenario for anyone involved.

Soldato
To add to this, flying yesterday and the airline specifically mentioned this as an issue, one gent had his removed from him as the airline were unwilling to transport it on a plane full of passengers. I guess an exploding 100Wh battery pack in a plane is not the best scenario for anyone involved.
I assume they check the serial number to make sure it was changed? I knew airlines wouldn’t allow them on so I’ve booked mine in asap despite having a flight in a couple of weeks. Will be taking another laptop while I wait for mine to come back.

Soldato
Picked my Mac up front Apple today. Taken them just over a week to turn it around. Bravo Apple! Just in time for my flight next week.

Make sure you have the paperwork showing that the pack has been changed. As you may have read the FAA have now banned them also for US based flights, and unless you have the proof showing the change they will remove it from you.

Soldato
Make sure you have the paperwork showing that the pack has been changed. As you may have read the FAA have now banned them also for US based flights, and unless you have the proof showing the change they will remove it from you.
I didn’t get any paperwork. The serial number should show it has been changed.

Edit:
I have an email from them showing the work was done.

Soldato
I didn’t get any paperwork. The serial number should show it has been changed.

Edit:
I have an email from them showing the work was done.

Yes, that is what you will need. I had to help a friend out this week who was flying with AA to ORD, as she had the swap complete they specifically asked her for the paperwork which she had printed and ready with her boarding card.

Soldato
OP
Apple repair said they found other issues and faults with my MBP but they did not touch them as it wasn't part of the contract so sent it back. Battery is renewed though. This is fun, a guessing game!!

Strangely, the MBP was working absolutely perfectly though, so I'm not sure what the issue was.

Back
Top Bottom