Apple seen unloading new MacBook Pros and (possibly) iMacs at WWDC

Soldato
Well looks like they are definitely releasing new MacBook Pro's and iMacs.

"While there may be rumors of an iPhone launch at WWDC, we expect Apple will host a separate event in late June to launch the device. But Apple will not fail to deliver new products at WWDC," he wrote. "Apple has announced that a full-featured version of OSX 10.5 Leopard will be demonstrated and handed out at the event. This means that we will finally see how Apple will integrate Windows operability into Leopard."

Munster added that he "expects" new MacBook Pros to make a showing at the developer conference and that it's "also possible" that Apple will introduce a redesigned iMac. He notes that on average, the Cupertino-based company has updated its professional notebooks every 182 days, with the most recent generation having launched 209 days ago. Similarly, he said, iMacs have traditionally seen updates every 168 days but the current generation is now a whopping 257 days old.

Full source here.

Soldato
OP
Dr Jones said:
Hmm... but the quintessential of Mac design is White, well, least in my opinion, it should remain White but a redesign in style. Something to stand out yet minimal. I personally don't mind the design as it is... what I really want is some hardware upgrade to them... especially the GPU...

I think that too, but a black iMac would look quite sexy, although I wouldn't ever buy a black mac.

Soldato
OP
Laurio said:
Something like this in some sort of Mac fashion would be very sexy! ;)

Not long now though until all is revealed! :cool:

BeatMaster :D

That's very nice, Apple will be introducing LED screens which are supposed to be very thin, weather or not they come out this WWDC is unknown.

Soldato
OP
Yep, it's rumoured the 15" will be the first MacBook to get LED backlighting, also I've read that they may discontinue the Mac Mini, doubt that though.

Soldato
OP
Robotica said:
i think the mini is a good thing... i dont see why they would drop it, unless they were bringing out something similar ?
it seems the mini has done a lot for them. giving people a chance to run a mac for the first time at little cost.

I agree, the reason they bought it out was because shareholders wanted them to produce a desktop Mac that was under £600, but apparently it was a rush for them to produce it. There is also rumours they will be bringing out new Mac Mini's with built in iPod docks, which would be quite handy and make it an ideal media server for living rooms.

Soldato
OP
That's where I get all my rumours from. I have them on RSS. Apparently the past ones that were made by Apple insider have been very accurate, so fingers crossed there will be something very good produced at Junes WWDC.

Soldato
OP
Robotica said:
i really doubt they would just drop it..without having a similar product in place.
although they may feel like its not doing much for them now. what they really need is a mac for the enthusiast, something people can customize at home with GFX RAM and HD but not at the price of a macpro.. somthing like a mac pro jr.

something around £700-800

I read a rumour about a slightly lower spec Mac Pro for around £1000.

Soldato
OP
EVH said:
Well they'll be on the UK site (to buy new) for a while afterwards, as I said ^

Talking of updating and removing models, does anyone know if a MacBook Pro was released on 11th June at WWDC, how long it would be until it was available in the UK?

Soldato
OP
AFK_Matrix said:
Is there any chance of them putting a better GFX in the Macbook Pros? I want a laptop for gaming and have an emac at the mo and love Tiger etc but the X1600 in the Macbook isn't as powerful as say the Dells that have the 7950 GFX card.

There's a few rumours about that, have a look here.

Back
Top Bottom